HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a BRN-4 lower from Brownells and plan to have it laser engraved to somewhat match HK's normal looks (shocker, I know). My question is, what's the difference between marking the lower as just a 416 v. a 416D, and which would be more applicable to my case? Assuming I proceed with the markings from the attached photos would I be "clone correct" (ie. marks on both sides of the magwell, serial number above the trigger, and safety selector markings)? And just to make things interesting before I go spending my mom's credit card again and at the risk of being kicked out by my girlfriend, would 416 lowers only accepting USGI and gen 3 PMAGs be an accurate statement?

-Draco

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Last I checked the “D” are the ones that were meant for US governmental users, so I would think D pairs up with Ashburn, VA importer marking. My mr556 lower takes usgi, new tan EPM, gen 3 pmags, lancer mags, scar 16 mags, okay E2 mags and ofc hk metal mags, however the gen 3 HK mags got a tight fit and wont drop free. As for my BRN4 lower, it takes all mentioned mags and drop free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last I checked the “D” are the ones that were meant for US governmental users, so I would think D pairs up with Ashburn, VA importer marking. My mr556 lower takes usgi, new tan EPM, gen 3 pmags, lancer mags, scar 16 mags, okay E2 mags and ofc hk metal mags, however the gen 3 HK mags got a tight fit and wont drop free. As for my BRN4 lower, it takes all mentioned mags and drop free.
Thanks! Really trying to convince myself not to go nuts and buy about 10 of those MCT gen 3 windowed PMAGs right now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts