HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should've done more research on the Brownells HK 417 barrels. When I put together my HK 417 parts kit, I realized that the gas block alignment was off. Tried to crank on the barrel nut to see if there were any user error on my end but no change. Per this thread, the issue with gas block alignment was known with the Brownells barrels.

Anyone got an update on new or recently purchased BRN-7 / HK 417 barrels? For those who are using BRN barrels, any issues with reliability?

I know they are on sale but might hold out for an MR762 barrel instead.

Picture attached as reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sigh.... wish I had seen this sooner. I just ordered one 2 days ago lol
Not sure if you plan on keeping it or not but I would be interested to see if they fixed the barrels. I bought mine in late 2019 / early 2020. Didn't really get around to completing my HK417 kit until late 2020.

If you do get it in hand, please update this thread with some pictures! The sale price for the barrels are killer and I have two BRN7 lowers I plan on building.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Not sure if you plan on keeping it or not but I would be interested to see if they fixed the barrels. I bought mine in late 2019 / early 2020. Didn't really get around to completing my HK417 kit until late 2020.

If you do get it in hand, please update this thread with some pictures! The sale price for the barrels are killer and I have two BRN7 lowers I plan on building.
they unfortunately already shipped, but I will update with pics to compare. It definitely would be interesting to see if changes were made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts