HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hey, this seems like a good idea. If we can get all the PRO members in the state onto this MT only forum, maybe we could put together a range day?

Tell your friends - hell, bring a friend!

Please post your location in the state, so we can try to come up with a centralish location to make it easier on travel, and let's aim at late spring/early summer of '07?

bordercop here at the north end of I-15, pretty much the middle of the Montana/Canada border.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM for location; prefer to not post ... but interested in your idea. You've already been to my location for "the" shoot that I didn't make this year.
MLEA in 1979 NPS/GNP LE ranger at Logan pass for several seasons after that.

F

·
0 Posts
South of Helena reporting

Would love to see a HKPRO MT shoot !

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum ... great info ... great posts ... great place ...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Oro Y Plata

Temporarily activated to Alabama but serving in the name of the Great White North! Also known as perhaps the only state left where a free man is still free. I would be very interested in getting together for a shoot, every time I go, I'm the only one with guns and the only one left to do the cleaning!

[email protected]

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am in Helena and regularly shoot at the High Ore Range just outside of Boulder, on the way to Butte. The Self Defence shoot schedule is at www.highorerange.com but to generalize its the second and fifth Saturday of the month. We could get squadded together and shoot quietly!!

Fourth Saturday is 3 gun then there are night shoots and Rolling Thunder.

F

·
0 Posts
Hmmm...we are members of the same club.

I am in Helena and regularly shoot at the High Ore Range just outside of Boulder, on the way to Butte. The Self Defence shoot schedule is at www.highorerange.com but to generalize its the second and fifth Saturday of the month. We could get squadded together and shoot quietly!!

Fourth Saturday is 3 gun then there are night shoots and Rolling Thunder.

I am in Jefferson City. Went to the range last night for a friggen cold and windy night shoot. Who keeps leaving shotgun shell boxes and spent hulls about the shooting bays 1 and 2?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Idahoan 25 Minutes from the border.

I live 25 minutes from the Idaho Montana Border on the north end.

Anybody ever want to go shoot in the sticks somewhere around Thompson Falls, or Heron... let me know. Central Montana is a bit far for this guy to travel... but hey... you never know... bring an MP5 and you never know how far I'll drive to shoot it.

bye bye.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The wife and I want to move to Montana from Arizona in the next 3-4 years. We would like to get out of the heat,and live around pine tree's. 5+ acres .

What's the best area to live in for this.
My wife lived in Bozman for 11 months (7 years ago)

P.S I hate wind,and would like to try and stay away from the coldest area's if possible.

I'll bring the HK's with me of course,unless I need to sell them to be able to afford to buy land up there....NOT.
Better late than never.........

The "banana belt" is where you want to live then. Bring lots of money. The WNW part of the state. Cheers!

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Missoula/Stevenville area are spectacular with nice winters, the summers do get pretty hot in July/August...95+ for weeks on end is pretty common, but nothing like Phoenix.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Alright fellas, I am in need of a good place to shoot! I've been told that the range here in Helena doesn't allow .50's or NFA and the old helicopter/bradley/abrams gunnery range is just a little further than I care to drive. Any ideas?

How about a HkPRO shoot? I see there was talk about it but did it ever happen?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yep... some 50 cal guy shot up the range so their no longer allowed at the Mac Pass range... but the High Ore Range (Between Boulder and Butte) is going to have a big caliber shoot shortly, hear they have a lot of great prizes too. Check out one of the sporting goods stores for details... this Saturday there is a 5th Saturday self defense pistol shoot, starts 930/10. shoot house can take up to 40 rounds... I'll wear my HK hat hope to see you there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any MT HKer's still around?
Just picked up a new PTR-91 GI.
I'm in the Banana Belt area.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I poke my head in, every now and then.
My SL8 project is waiting for a trip to Kalispell. I'm going to visit Black Ops Precision (formerly known as Underground Skunkworks) to see about having them do a custom finish on it.

I've been wanting to get down to that High Ore Range for a while, but life keeps getting in the way.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What is the " Banana Belt " ???

Might add I was in Montana for vacation this past September. Stayed at the West entrance to Glacier, and traveled to Liby, Whitefish, Missoula. 1200 miles of driving, no stress. Wouldnt mind retiring out there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is the " Banana Belt " ???

Might add I was in Montana for vacation this past September. Stayed at the West entrance to Glacier, and traveled to Liby, Whitefish, Missoula. 1200 miles of driving, no stress. Wouldnt mind retiring out there.
Banana Belt is the area South of Missoula, Bitterroot valley.

·
Registered
5 Posts
"Banana belt" is a broad term... Most people up here refer to the areas from Paradise up into Libby/Troy as the banana belt lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just joined the HK club I live in Bozeman and would be interested in getting together with fellow HK owners locally.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts