HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was looking thru my latest issue of Varmint Hunters magazine and in the new product section was an announcment
that CritR-Call Products is producing buffers for the 940/770/630 and SL6/SL7 rifles. According to the info, HK gave
permission for the company to make these. The buffers that were in the picture looked identical to the HK parts. Phone # to company: 877-484-2768

·
Registered
139 Posts
I can confirm that these buffers are a perfect fit. I recently bought some for my HK carbines. If you have a SL6, then you want the black ones with the two nubs on the back. If you have a SL7, then you want the yellow ones without the nubs.

SL6 Buffer

SL7 Buffer (without retaining plate)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet Mike Boddicker the owner of CritR-Call, contracted out for these buffers himself. He is a big fan of the 770/SL7. He has featured them in some of the articles he writes for Varmint Hunters.

Thanks for the pics angrydog!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered some buffer sheets for the SL6/7/630/770 from Mr. Boddicker today. He said he would have his mold maker make a HK 300 buffer if
someone that owns a 300 would send their bufffer sheet to him. He has to check the materials compression rate of an original. He told
me that the original would not be harmed and will send it back to the owner when he's done making the mold.

So if somebody with a 300 would be will to do this, I'm sure there's a lot of 300 owners would be very appreciative.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't have a 770, just the SL6 & SL7. I recommend you take off the top cover and look at the back of the receiver.

the SL7 uses the yellow Crit'r Call buffer without nubs and is held in place by a retaining plate.

SL7 Receiver

SL7 Receiver (with buffer/retainer in place)

The SL6 uses the black Crt'r Call buffer with the nubs on the back. The nubs fit in two small holes in the back of the receiver and hold the buffer in place without a retaining plate.

SL6 Receiver

See my earlier post for more pictures of the buffers in place.

~edit
I just checked Numrich.com and the diagram for the HK 770 appears to show that it uses the buffer with the nubs on the back:
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=9024

·
Registered
52 Posts
Which buffer does the 770 use?
My 770 takes buffer with retainer plate and nubs. The original one in rifle ( second hand rifle but as new , bought from a collector not a shooter, so I think buffer was factory original, looks exactly like original buffer in my SL7)
had plate but no nubs though the holes in receiver for nubs were there.... so both will work , with or without nubs.Off to the range with new buffers!:62:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just put in an order for 5 buffers for my HK-630. That should be a lifetime plus amount. One thing I learned about the HK sporters is to get the spare parts that tend to wear out, as in buffers, when ever you can and get as many as you can reasonably afford. I would be glad to see Crit'R- Call make buffers for the HK-300 .22 magnum. I have a factory spare but would sure get a few more. A big thumbs up to Crit'R-Call from all owners of the HK sporting rifle models.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just put in an order for 5 buffers for my HK-630. That should be a lifetime plus amount. One thing I learned about the HK sporters is to get the spare parts that tend to wear out, as in buffers, when ever you can and get as many as you can reasonably afford. I would be glad to see Crit'R- Call make buffers for the HK-300 .22 magnum. I have a factory spare but would sure get a few more. A big thumbs up to Crit'R-Call from all owners of the HK sporting rifle models.
Mike Boddicker(owner of Crit'R-Call) is looking for a factory original buffer for a HK 300. He needs one for his mold set up. He promises that the buffer will be returned as good as new.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As in unfired? Good luck. I would happily ship mine to him but it is definitely used. I'm glad HK was willing to do this, I was looking at replacements a while ago and Germany was pretty much the only place I was finding them.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As in unfired? Good luck. I would happily ship mine to him but it is definitely used. I'm glad HK was willing to do this, I was looking at replacements a while ago and Germany was pretty much the only place I was finding them.
I'm not sure if the buffer has to be brand new. Mike sounded like it just had to be in decent,workable order. Not brittle or breaking apart.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll take a look at mine tomorrow, I'm almost certain that it doesn't even have the dimple worn into it yet. I'll try and post a pic if I can.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haven't heard back from him yet, is someone here in contact with him at all?
He may be out killing prairie dogs or coyotes. He goes out for a couple weeks at a time. He also writes articles for a couple hunting magazines. I can try calling him on Monday.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well THAT might have something to do with it. What a hard life this poor man lives. Anywho, that would be splendid if you did.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts