HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are 2 stocks for my Fleming converted SP89. One is Choate folder PDW type and the other an A2 with the Fleming stock adapter.

Are these H buffers jacked up badly, moderate, or no big deal- just leave them as -is ?
Would one expect buffers like this to cause failure to ejects (semi as well as full auto)?
I plan to start another much more detailed thread about my mp5k troubleshooting but for now am curious about these stocks/buffers and whether others have experienced FTEs with ones looking like mine.

Also....some of the buffers are clear/yellow plastic and others black rubber like mine. Any functional/practical difference?

Thanks,

Houston

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Hey Houston. I think all choate stocks and caps use that thick black rubber buffer. HK's use the thin yellow one. I think it's basically just two different means to the same ends. As far as how yours look, meh. I'd probably replace the one on the folder. That one has seen better days. I have the same stock on an sw k and it looks practically new. That one has had the s*** beat out of it. Looking forward to seeing your k again on the next trip! You're the reason I got one!!! Good luck with her.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Here's a pic of my buffer.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check the bolt gap and remove and check the extractor spring ....
Ah...this lil' grasshopper did do that..first thing in fact prior to shoot. Gap a bit on the high side @ .025" (.635mm) and I put in a new tight rifle extract. spring even though the spring in there was only a wee bit loose to hard finger pressure.

I'll start another thread on my k issues now...

hh

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Ah...this lil' grasshopper did do that..first thing in fact prior to shoot. Gap a bit on the high side @ .025" (.635mm) and I put in a new tight rifle extract. spring even though the spring in there was only a wee bit loose to hard finger pressure.

I'll start another thread on my k issues now...

hh
Well should wait on your new thread ... but since getting ready to crash, wonder how it would work with a pistol spring?

Let me know if you wish to try another stock or two and/or bolt and carrier ... might be able to get them to you for the weekend

Take Care.

Did you try a pistol spring .... plus should have dropped the K stock from mine in the box ... let me know if you want to try a third or fourth stock ... or a new bolt / carrier group ;-).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts