HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very impressed at the MKE AT94P build quality. Just got one recently and it runs super smooth and shoots very accurately. I've shot and handled the real deal full auto MP5s and I must say that the MKE build is pretty darn good. I compared the MKE mags vs the MP5 magazines and I must say that they are very similiar in build and quality as well. Anyone else agree with me?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Few will disagree with you. Most dissent comes from the fact that are not readily sear capable. These are HK licensed, mfg'd guns and mass produced. A couple have been rough but the majority are very well made and they all run 100%.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I agree with you, mine is just fine. Can't say I can comment on the mags, all I have is the steel MKE that came with it, a plastic MKE and some of the Korean ATI's. I GunKoted the ATI mags in semi-gloss black to match the gun. No HK mags to compare to. I would like to get a HK 15 rounder though for bench shooting.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I sound like a broken record sometimes, but the fit and finish of my MKE AT94p is exceptional and runs 100%.

Blfuller, how many 30 rnd Korean mags can you do with a single can of GunKote?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Blfuller, how many 30 rnd Korean mags can you do with a single can of GunKote?
I had a partial 16oz can of Gun Kote from Brownells I bought some time back. I use a Badger 250-4 air brush that has a 4oz jar. I filled the jar about half way which would be about 2oz and sprayed 4 magazine bodies, after I was done there was about 2 tablespoons left. Based on that, a 16oz can of Gun Kote would conservatively cover just over 32 magazine bodies. I only did the mag bodies and didn't do the floor plates. Sorry I couldn't be more precise with the measuring.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried the Korean ATI mags, the HK mags, and the MKE mags, and they all fit and function flawlessly on my MKE AT94P. The ATI mags have a rougher texture and are not as smooth as the HK or the MKE mags, but they work. I think this just means that the quality of the MKE AT94P is such that it can use any mags and function without any issues.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The ATI mags have a rougher texture and are not as smooth as the HK or the MKE mags, but they work.
Precisely, they work and I wasn't real fond of the bare phosphate finish so that's why I GunKoted them, now the finish is equivalent to the MKE mag, maybe even superior. This would depend on how MKE prepped the steel and if they use regular paint or a heatset resin. The phosphate finish makes a really nice base for the Gunkote, providing you degrease them completely. I bought a few when CDNN had them on sale for 9.99. The only bad thing is that if you really dig the laser marking on the mag, it's going to go bye-bye when you apply the gunkote.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
MKE build is HK quality IMO. Finish I don't care about. It's just going to get beat up anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts