HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about picking up an FMP G3 kit to do a build. These kits comes with barrels. My question is...is it legal to build a rifle using the original barrel or would I have to buy a new one? Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes it can be legal. Do a search on the forums for "922r" and you'll find the amount of German parts that is legal to have on your weapon, and what counts as a part.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand 922r however, I have heard that you couldn't build one with an imported barrel after a certain date. Unfortunately I'm not sure as to whether their is any truth to it or not. I figured someone on here would know for sure.

G

·
I understand 922r however, I have heard that you couldn't build one with an imported barrel after a certain date. Unfortunately I'm not sure as to whether their is any truth to it or not. I figured someone on here would know for sure.

I think what you heard was in regards to the barrel ban, in which no more foriengn barrels could be IMPORTED after a given date. (which has since passed by the way)

Which is why, for example, certain AK parts sets, with original barrel, are now becoming scarace and/or more expensive. It is also the explanation why some parts sets are showing up with a US manufactured barrel. No more complete parts sets with barrel have been coming into the country for some time.

And I wouldn't be a bit suprised if they choke the whole off before long. Buy 'em while you can I say.

Hope this helps,

P

·
Registered
183 Posts
Agree... get them while you can. Very hard to find a nice HK G3 barrel anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts