HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I'm looking at building a MP5 clone. I've owned a CETME, a PTR-91 and a Vector 93 clone so I'm not exactly new to HKs. I know how to check for bolt gap, install and size rollers, strip one down and all the basic stuff.

While I really liked all of my HK clones I've had, I've always ended up trading then off. If they were actual Heckler & Koch rifles it may have been different. But I've always really liked the roller locked action. So I've decided to try to build a clone the way I want it, and I've really been wanting a 94/MP clone.

As much as I would love to have the cash to just pick up a nice kit and send it to IGF or Turner to have it built, it just isn't so. Having three kids in today's economy commands a big chunk of my funds. So I usually pick up a receiver or a good foundation to build from and go from there. So I've been searching and have found flats, welded and folded flats and barreled uppers that seem to be a promising place to start.

BMP is checking to see if they have another full size barreled upper. If not I'll most likely pick up one of their "K" barreled uppers with the full size receiver. I've also spoken with a few builders about building me a barreled upper and I'll supply the parts. So I'm undecided on exactly which way I'm going to go with it.

That being said, I signed up here on the forum to do my homework before I start this project. I don't want to sink a chunk of cash in to a build that won't run right. I'm not really concerned with authenticity or a collector grade replica. I just want a rifle that will be reliable and won't let me down. My plan is to build a pistol while I wait for my SBR stamp. That's how I did my Micro Galil and it turned out great.

Thanks for reading, and if anyone has any insight, recommendations or a barreled upper that they are willing to part with feel free to let me know. As I said before I've spoken with Turner Fab and IGF so far about building me an unfinished barreled upper. So if any of you builders on here would be interested feel free to shoot me a pm.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had another question that pertains to this build as well. Are the US made parts that HKParts sells such as the bolt carrier, bolt head and barrel pretty good quality? I'm sure the original HK parts are quality but with the price of the US made parts being so much less makes wonder.

If the US made parts are good to go I'll probably use a US made bolt head, bolt carrier and barrel at least to start off with.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a 922R compliant Dakota Tactical which I purchased through HKParts. It is flawless. I would have no hesitation in dealing with Adam (HKParts).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts