HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts
Hello all. This is my first post here. I have been looking and reading for a couple years though. Lots of great info here!
FYI 65Pony,
As far as me bidding on the flats....I dont think spending 395.00 for an HK flat is extravagent! If you do think that then you probably should choose a new brand whine. I feel lucky I got one for that price.
I wish they were more readily available so we all could get them and maybe at a cheaper price. That would be real nice. If not, we all have to get what we can while we still can.

Thanks for a great forum!

Todd

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Todd,

Not sure about your direction in your post, however I would kill for a pair or so of those flats at 395.00, just not 700-800 like I have seen them go for.
I personally gave $400.00 for mine, and I am nowhere near upset.
I do agree if they were plentiful, there would be better prices for them, but I don't know how anyone could afford multiples at $600.00 or more. I suppose if I had the resources, money would be no object.

There are some of us out here with caviar tastes, and a tuna budget!

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Appologies to the board

Guys,

I have made an incredible mistake here, and I wish now to recant.
First, I suggested that a seller on gunbroker might be bidding on his own stuff to raise prices. That is not like me, and I appologize sincerely to any/all who were offended at my ignorance. My only excuse for such a travesty is most probably my dissapointment at being outbid, and that there were no more sources for me to find these flats. I became embroilled in this "private little war" that I created, and just recently realized what it had become.

If there were any way I could undo what I have done, I would gladly do so. I just wish I had jumped on this particular bandwagon when the source had them selling at a price I could afford. Not his/their fault that they are doing so well. I now send them my best, and I hope they do well with their current and future sales. I sincerely hope that this appology can be accepted.

I will have no more to add to this topic. I have done enough already.

Flats

65Pony I give you permission and demand you continue documenting your progress with pictures and words. I can help with pictures if needed. I cant afford the flats at the moment, but love to see gunsmithing and how-to posts. So go for it and take pics along the way.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Good. I will continue with the build progress, sans the politics and grumbling. This is too much fun to give up on now.

Just in a holding state waiting to acquire funds to send Mr. Webber for the parts needed to bring the weapon to life. The excitement is too much.

I plan on calling on lauer for the Duracoat. Thought about how nice the Spiderman gun looked, but decided HK black was the color. I'm not much on bling.

WOW who could have thought those flats would go as high as they have. You can still get a semi receiver for $450 or so. Hate to tell it but I bought the last MP5 semi receiver they had. I guess everyone thought they were long gone, I seen the ad on Gun Broker for the flats, emailed and asked the seller if they had anymore MP5 receivers. I got a yes 1 more answer, I almost craped my pants. I dialed and spoke with the nice Lady and behold only one more, and the best part $300, who cares if its the last one or not its mine now. Keep up the work on the flat bending its very interesting.............

WOW who could have thought those flats would go as high as they have. You can still get a semi receiver for $450 or so. Hate to tell it but I bought the last MP5 semi receiver they had. I guess everyone thought they were long gone, I seen the ad on Gun Broker for the flats, emailed and asked the seller if they had anymore MP5 receivers. I got a yes 1 more answer, I almost craped my pants. I dialed and spoke with the nice Lady and behold only one more, and the best part $300, who cares if its the last one or not its mine now. Keep up the work on the flat bending its very interesting.............
be carful i was told the same thing three weeks after i sent my money. i called and was told by the nice lady sorry we sold it to some one els

The company that cannot be named is running a special on these receiver flats, it's posted on their forum. I'm no way affiliated with that company, but thought you guys might want to know. He posted the notice last night.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Would love to get on that, but for some STRANGE reason, he has banned me from signing up to his site. Too bad, I guess. I had some money for him, but I guess he has enough already. Oh, well.

Update? Pics??

Any update on the build?

Discussion starter · #35 ·
No updates as yet. Just found out that I have to have surgery on my rotator cuff on my left shoulder. Tore it all the way round. Just waiting on a date, so now I am trying to get on with all the two armed things I have to do before I get put out. I am still looking to buy HK parts, but the prices seem to go up every day. Stuff not selling on Gunbroker, but it relists just as high.

Oh, well. Still trodging along with the project. I will have a few months off to work on it, albeit one handed.

Dude, I'm sorry to hear about the shoulder. I broke my collar bone a year ago and have had problems with the shoulder ever since. It seems the shoulder is the most complicated piece of gear we wear. I hope your recovery is quick and if it's your right shoulder, I'd suggest getting a shooting pad fir it.

Take care,
Shon

Sorry to read about the rotator cuff. I've been waiting to see your progress as well. Good luck.

Yeah, the auction prices are holding due to limited availability of parts and kits. I've been holding onto a primo HK MP5 IG date code kit myself, but these flats are through the roof. I remeber when they were $45 bucks per flat and parts. Even the clone parts worth keeping are high priced for what they are.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Back again

Well, I am back again after a long absence. My shoulder is repaired, and now I am recovering, and doing the therapy thing. Bored as you can get, but finally out of the sling. Things went well, and I am glad to be back.

I am currently STill looking for a good parts kit. The build will finally go on.

I will continue to keep everyone posted on the progress.

Great to hear that you're back up and around Pony.

Have you finished doing the welds which join the receiver? I'll be glad to help you with posting pics. We would love to see the welds.
Please email me through the board.

Thanks.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.