HKPRO Forums banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts
Yeah, rotator cuff injuries suck. I just had an impingement, not even a tear, and it took 6 months to where it didn't hurt in day to day activities as mundane as pulling a gallon of milk out of the refrigerator. Then it took another 6 months before I could start lifting again.

Good luck on the parts kits, the ones I've seen recently are all $1500. Crazy.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Finally Done(almost)

Hello everyone. I finally finished the build. Found someone here on the board with a SW parts kit, and viola, it was mine. Again, I send my thanks.

I have pics of the completed rifle, which I haven't uploaded to my computer just yet, but I am reluctant to post them until I have completed the cosmetic work on my build.

It is almost completely done, with the exception of some minor cosmetic work. I did want to build as a pistol, but now that it is a rifle, I am happy with it.

The good news is, it is ACCURATE! After about 200 rounds, no failures of any kind. I was never happier. My 91 had to be adjusted quite a bit when I finished it. This was dead on after final assembly and temporary painting(to prevent rust) Duracoat on the way.

Where are these pics? When you register the rifle what marks do you have to put on the receiver? Is it just $200 for the form 1?
$200 for the form 1 if you SBR it. No charge and no registration if you put in a 16" barrel (but who wants to do that?).

You'll have to put your name, town, and a unique serial number on it, again, only if you SBR it. A non-SBR doesn't need any engraving on it. Which is kind of an odd loophole to me - it's legal to make your own completely untraceable firearm as long as you don't sell it.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Back again

Sorry for the incredible delay in posting on this. I haven't lost interest or anything, just still going through this shoulder problem. Comp cut me off almost three months ago, so, no income, no toys.

Glad to be back anyhow. I have missed everyone.

Well, the build that was supposed to be an MP5 with all german parts ended up being a 94 with all SW parts. I thought I would be dissapointed with that, but financially that was all I could afford, and I had to build it.

As posted earlier, it shoots what I aim at, hasn't had any failures, save the original hammer spring allowed the carrier to put the hammer down so it wouldn't rise up to the trigger catch and release every time. other than that, it was mechanically "good".

So, I put the hammer spring from my 91 in it, and it hasn't had a problem since. But anyway, I didn't want to post pics of it because of the "in progress" state it was in, but after seeing the pics of that horrible 91 in another post, I have to say I was made proud of my ugly work that I would have been embarassed to post here before.

I argon-mig welded my receiver, and I have to tell you, it turned out nice, good shape, and minor grinding to finish. I didn't know until I saw that 91 rolled receiver thing, that you could have those kinds of blob weld problems. I am glad I did not. Now I want to try the 91! I will be using Tig from this point forward, though, since my experience tells me I shouldn't have had to clean the welds like I had to with mig.

While I am ranting, does anyone know where to get that piece in the top recess of the receiver in front of the rear sight? I either lost mine, or didn't have one for this flat. It looks stupid without it. I assume it is for the scope mount.

"it's legal to make your own completely untraceable firearm as long as you don't sell it."

Questions for this thread:

1) Regarding the above quote - you can't EVER sell this firearm?

2) Can anyone here bend my 94 flat? Since it was expensive I really don't want to experiment.

Thanks,
CMOS

"it's legal to make your own completely untraceable firearm as long as you don't sell it."

Questions for this thread:

1) Regarding the above quote - you can't EVER sell this firearm?

2) Can anyone here bend my 94 flat? Since it was expensive I really don't want to experiment.

Thanks,
CMOS
Actually, I think you can sell it. You just can't build it just with the intent of selling it.

hk MP5 receiver flat

Where can I get one besides playing the bidding game on gb. Thanks! Rookie builder.

Sorry for the incredible delay in posting on this. I haven't lost interest or anything, just still going through this shoulder problem. Comp cut me off almost three months ago, so, no income, no toys.

Glad to be back anyhow. I have missed everyone.

Well, the build that was supposed to be an MP5 with all german parts ended up being a 94 with all SW parts. I thought I would be dissapointed with that, but financially that was all I could afford, and I had to build it.

As posted earlier, it shoots what I aim at, hasn't had any failures, save the original hammer spring allowed the carrier to put the hammer down so it wouldn't rise up to the trigger catch and release every time. other than that, it was mechanically "good".

So, I put the hammer spring from my 91 in it, and it hasn't had a problem since. But anyway, I didn't want to post pics of it because of the "in progress" state it was in, but after seeing the pics of that horrible 91 in another post, I have to say I was made proud of my ugly work that I would have been embarassed to post here before.

I argon-mig welded my receiver, and I have to tell you, it turned out nice, good shape, and minor grinding to finish. I didn't know until I saw that 91 rolled receiver thing, that you could have those kinds of blob weld problems. I am glad I did not. Now I want to try the 91! I will be using Tig from this point forward, though, since my experience tells me I shouldn't have had to clean the welds like I had to with mig.

While I am ranting, does anyone know where to get that piece in the top recess of the receiver in front of the rear sight? I either lost mine, or didn't have one for this flat. It looks stupid without it. I assume it is for the scope mount.
"Comp cut me off almost three months ago, so, no income, no toys."

The real fun comes on April 15th, when you get to pay taxes on the money they "gave" you. Talk about quite literally adding insult to injury.

But please post some pic links of how it came out before you paint over it. I mean, it's not like you mig welded it with your eyes closed, right?

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.