HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts

Actually pretty exotic looking to me. The G3 design should lend itself well to the bullpup since it doesn't need a recoil tube beyond receiver. The heavy bolt will also be better stablized by the weight in the back. They need to cut down the barrel to 16" and it should be a handy carbine. Also they need to make sure the trigger mechanics work out for reliability and comfort. If done right, it can be better than the G3K.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'd take one :p

Ghillie, looks like a neat project for you.

Put a rail on top, and use 416 sights tho, i bet it would be pretty sweet if done by a good builder :D

·
Registered
589 Posts
Looks like that would hurt the shoulder bigtime.
+1 on that! Where do you suppose the buffer is? Looks to me like the bolt carrier smacks you right on the ball of your humerus. Ouch!

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I love bullpups, even being a fan of the SA80!

this looks gross, sorry, and I don't see how the trigger bar is making it back to the fire controls. looks like a mock-up to me like the Sterling made "bullpup" based on the AR180 to fight back against Enfiled when they stole the gas piston design... again on the SA80.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
I'd take one :p

Ghillie, looks like a neat project for you.

Put a rail on top, and use 416 sights tho, i bet it would be pretty sweet if done by a good builder :D
You know Jeff, all that cool ingenious stuff you build was bound to catch up to you eventually... "Hey check out that fugly-a$$ rifle...I bet Jeff could make it look cool!" Kinda reminds me of "Give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything".

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Isn't it wee bit too long to be an effective bullpup. Even with the barrel cut down ,it still seems long. Hard to tell though,with no references, other than the receiver.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts