HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a P2000-9 and found one locally today. It looked like there was no wear on the barrel, standard sights, light LEM with 2 extra mags had a very small amount of wear on the slide(hardly noticeable) and was an AC date code for $675.00.

Should I pass?

·
Super Moderator
6,047 Posts
That is a tough call. If you have funds and really want it, then sure grab it. The price is so so either way. But if it is something you want then you will either buy this one or another one. If it has everything you like then go for it.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Another $100 or so gets a new one. I'd pass, personally. Can you talk them down? Is there sales tax associated?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another $100 or so gets a new one. I'd pass, personally. Can you talk them down? Is there sales tax associated?
6% sales tax. I'm not too crazy about it being an AC date code which makes me lean toward a new one... Or lightly used, newer one... Maybe I'm just being anal...?

Know of any nib LEM's or where to look?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Date code is less important than round count. Did you disassemble it, and examine the internals for wear? If they won't let you do that, I wouldn't buy it. I'm not talking about a full blown armorer's TI, just strip it like you would for cleaning. Look at the slide rails, barrel mating areas, feed ramp, breech face, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I just bought a NIB P2000 ''AG'' .357 sig LEM for $655 + $25 shipping. Deals are out there, if you look hard enough and are patient.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I've been looking for a P2000-9 and found one locally today. It looked like there was no wear on the barrel, standard sights, light LEM with 2 extra mags had a very small amount of wear on the slide(hardly noticeable) and was an AC date code for $675.00.

Should I pass?
Total of 4 mags ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Date code is less important than round count. Did you disassemble it, and examine the internals for wear? If they won't let you do that, I wouldn't buy it. I'm not talking about a full blown armorer's TI, just strip it like you would for cleaning. Look at the slide rails, barrel mating areas, feed ramp, breech face, etc.
Yes. Took a good look. There was hardly any wear internally.. Just a small scuff on slide. Looked like carried a lot shot a little.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yes. Took a good look. There was hardly any wear internally.. Just a small scuff on slide. Looked like carried a lot shot a little.
In that case jump on it, if that's the model you want. There hasn't been any changes since the P2000 was put into sale, so don't let the date code bother you. The price is fair enough all things considered.

I have 4 HK pistols. Only one reached my hands new, none of them have let me down.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
$675 for the gun with 4 mags?

Buy.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I got mine, V3, 4 mags, night sites, for like $505 shipped. Patience and tripping into a good deal are the key. I'd walk on this one.

·
Registered
865 Posts
If it makes you happy then go for it, what the hell buy it and enjoy it !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts