HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm buying a Mark 23, as my 2nd HK pistol. There are so many great things about it online, and twice as much trash talking also. It weights less than a 1911, and the Mark 23 is very shootable still. But, people keep comparing it to a Desert Eagle 50AE lol.

I personally feel that, if I could only have one pistol, in the entire world, and it had to last forever, without breakages. It would be a mark 23.

Am I really that crazy for wanting to carry one?

I have very large hands, and it fits me great. I'm also 6'1, and over 200 pounds.

I palm this pistol, like some guys palm a G19. But still, I just don't understand all the " it's impractical" or "too big"

I'm gonna carry it everyday, and deal with its size, because it's just that legendary to me. It will also double as a hunting pistol. So the extreme sight radius, and amazing accuracy, only make this sound even better to me!

I got a fair deal. A BG date code MK23 for $1,700 with (4) mags brand new. I put it on layaway, and I still owe about a grand.

I'm excited, and I honestly feel like I'm the only person in the world, who really admires such a legendary pistol this much!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Its worth every penny and lives up to the hype. Don't believe what haters say. I currently have two of them :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I think people hate on it for a variety of reasons. Mostly I think the stated reasons are not the real reason. What I know from experience is that without exception, everyone who fires mine, loves it and I often hear how easily it shoots and reacquires. There's no one gun for everyone. I'm not a fan of the FN FNX. I don't know why. I've never fired one. Just doesn't speak to me, I guess. Others love the FNX soooooo who knows? I suspect you'll love yours but after the newness of having one wears off, you'll likely rotate something else to be your carry piece.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Don't believe the trash talk about this pistol.
It's an amazing firearm.
Lots of people talk sh** about it because it's expensive, it is large, other than those two reasons, there is NOTHING NOT TO LIKE ABOUT IT.
it's sound when racking the slide is purely orgasmic. The trigger is just about perfection,
I will admit, I haven't shot (my) mk23, but others. It is just a pure fun pistol and head turner at the range. Recoil for a large gun seems to throw people off, after the first shot, you will have a huge smile on your face. It is an amazing work of art, and even used, hold value.
You will thank us post purchase.

Buy her, give her a good name, clean, lube, function check, then hit the range. Anything but .45 super is amazing.
I've used +P+ and it's wicked fun. I love mine! And my son will too, in the coming years.

Enjoy, you have made an amazing decision on a near flawless firearm design.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The pistol is only too large if it difficult to handle or keeps you from reacting and getting on target at a speed that you believe is quick enough for you. It doesn't matter what others think is the best set up, run what gives you confidence

In response to the dislike of the FNX FNX 45, maybe one doesn't like the appearance, but try one out, it feels great and really absorbs the recoil. It's very hk like, boxy design, wide grip a solid strong feel, just shoots fantastic, I love mine. The slide release could be larger to work it faster, my only complaint but when inserting mags hard the slide does close without engaging the lever

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies! I like the unique HK pistols lol.

My HK45CT V3 with elephant foot mag was the most beautiful thing I'd ever laid eyes on!

It does grow on you after a while.

And now the mk23 is doing the same thing.

The hk45ct, and mk23 will be my only (2) pistols I own, and in rotation.

I'm gonna try to get it before Christmas, but with two kiddies, I've got spend on them before me. So, most likely by new years!

And more HK pistols to come!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Is open carry allowed where you live? I'd imagine that given the size it may be a beast to conceal and you will probably have some printing. I have one and love it but it would not be my first (or second or third) choice to CC.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Dont worry, you arent the only one who admires this pistol. The mark 23 has a cult-like following. I sold mine a while ago only to buy one right back shortly after.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I love mine, very accurate, no issues.
But I don't think I'd ever carry it because there are better options, hence why I carry my HK45c.
You no doubt will have two of the nicest .45 pistols ever produced, as long as it suits you and meets/exceeds your needs, keep doing what you're doing!
image.jpg

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If it works well for you that is all that matters. I personally would not do it and can understand why most won't due to the size but everyone is different.

·
Priest of the P7
5,031 Posts
If I were an NFL lineman I'd carry a Mark. Otherwise, I think you'll have trouble hiding it well. That said, I want one.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
A lot of the haters never shot or even held a mark23. Many others either can't afford it, or wont buy it because of its price. I agree with the above best ever. If the day ever comes where they try to take our firearms away. The Mark 23 will be the gun they pry my cold dead fingers off of. :)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I'd call it too big to carry concealed. If I was to go bushwacking in the back country I'd have no qualms about strapping it to my leg. If I were ever inclined to open carry around town (I'm not), I would consider it if I found a decent OWB holster. I love shooting mine (with gloves) and consider it one of the premier home defense guns or a SHTF sidearm, but I would still say I think it's a tad overpriced at usually close to $1900 all considered online or at least in my area $2k+ from the LGS. I snagged mine for $1600 at a gun show "used," but I'm pretty confident it was unfired from the factory.

·
Registered
279 Posts
A lot of the haters never shot or even held a mark23. Many others either can't afford it, or wont buy it because of its price. I agree with the above best ever. If the day ever comes where they try to take our firearms away. The Mark 23 will be the gun they pry my cold dead fingers off of. :)
I agree. A lot of haters of the mark 23 I know, and there aren't many, have either never shot one or crap on it because they can't afford one. I say screw what anyone else thinks about it. If it fits your hand and you can shoot it well, go for it. I bought mine recently from buds when they had them going for $1650 shipped new. I am very pleased on how well it shoots. It's a great gun and the most heavily tested handgun ever period.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts