HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything to look for particular to this model? The trigger is very light, is this model prone to light hammer strikes? Any opinions? $600+ utl out the door. Thanks

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Anything to look for particular to this model? The trigger is very light, is this model prone to light hammer strikes? Any opinions? $600+ utl out the door. Thanks
Tactical, Expert & Elite 45s come standard with Hk's Match Trigger.
Yes, it's light.
But as long as it's the factory trigger with OEM springs?
You won't have any light primer strikes.
Third party springs or trigger job and all bets are off - LOL!

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I would jump on it right now. You could resell the UTL for $100+ easily and that would make the price even sweeter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had a factory Match kit on a regular USP produce numerous light strikes on Freedom Munitions new ammo. I don't know if it was my particular batch of 1,500 rounds, but I moved around on spring weights with 10 lb Wolff, 12 lb Wolff, and factory Match (between 10 and 12). I finally went back to the stock 16 and all the problems went away. Just make sure to test the gun before you depend on it :)

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I've had a factory Match kit on a regular USP produce numerous light strikes on Freedom Munitions new ammo. I don't know if it was my particular batch of 1,500 rounds, but I moved around on spring weights with 10 lb Wolff, 12 lb Wolff, and factory Match (between 10 and 12). I finally went back to the stock 16 and all the problems went away. Just make sure to test the gun before you depend on it :)
Never heard of Freedom Munitions?
Have about 6k on my USPT45 with zero issues of any kind.
Really shouldn't have a problem with any major manufacturers quality brass cased ammo like Federal, Speer or Winchester.

That said, I can never argue with function checking any gun with your SD ammo of choice.
I like 200 rounds of a SD load before it enters the carry rotation.

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts