HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally ready to buy my 1st HK and I'm really interested in the police issue P9Ss in 9mm that are floating around for ~$800. I've always had a thing for old guns but I need this one to be reliable since it will be my only high-power automatic. I currently have two other vintage guns - a High Standard Supermatic .22 target and a first year Colt 357 (pre python) 6" barrel :61:

So I guess I need to know what spare parts I need to keep around. Buffers for sure. Are springs still easy to get from Wolff? Should I plan on replacing all the springs right off the bat? Any major parts worth getting now before the supplies are all dried up?

From what I've read in some older threads I should snag a few extra mags as soon as possible as well as consider getting Nill grips before they're discontinued.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
2,832 Posts
should be able to find a nice P9s ex police gun for $600-700 with 2 mags.

but YES on buffers(all mine get replaced), I hear HK has them cheap now, if not Numrich has em

I have 4 of the police trades, no need to replace springs on any of them, actaully all 10 of my p9s have had no springs replaced.

if you ever want a supressor, get a spare barrel from Numrich, $120

mags, get all you can find under $70

Nill's up to you, I have a set, really don't like them, actaully don't shoot with them well and IMOP they don't look right on the P9s, if I were to get another set I would get the ones with the thumb rest

you have made a fine choice in the P9s :) I just LOVE them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all 10 of my p9s
wow . . . that's a lot of P9s :D

thanks for the help. sounds like I should be able to buy one, snag an extra magazine, and shoot the hell out of it. that's exactly what I was hoping for.

I haven't settled on a specific gun yet. I'll be calling CDNN this week. They seem to have the best reputation when it comes to setting customers up with really nice police trade HKs.

That being said, if you have any other recommendations (since you found 4 good ones!), please message me so I can check it out.

thanks again!

·
2,832 Posts
don't think CDNN has the P9s, but worth a call.

wow . . . that's a lot of P9s :D

thanks for the help. sounds like I should be able to buy one, snag an extra magazine, and shoot the hell out of it. that's exactly what I was hoping for.

I haven't settled on a specific gun yet. I'll be calling CDNN this week. They seem to have the best reputation when it comes to setting customers up with really nice police trade HKs.

That being said, if you have any other recommendations (since you found 4 good ones!), please message me so I can check it out.

thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts