HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so from a recent post you guys should know the fiance put the axe on purchasing any more firearms. But she didn't say anything about selling one and acquiring another! So the kimber is gone as of last night, and I found a guy locally with an USP expert 45. It came with 2 mags, o rings, a bobbed hammer with a v5&6 detent plate, lockout tool, test fire casing, and a regular hk hard plastic case. Originally the seller wanted 250 more but it would have came with the HK tactical nylon case. But he decided to keep it for his usp 45ct.
He ended up polishing the barrel because I guess he didn't like the look of the exposed barrel wear, which doesn't really bother me. It's in great condition and my oh my the match trigger is nice! It's kind of weird sighting it though, as i'm so used to the 3 dot sights, and these have no dots at all. Being I was replacing range/target gun, this should fit very nicely among my collection.

can anyone tell me why it came with a bobbed hammer and the v5&6 detent?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'm not sure about the hammer and detents, but that's a nice little collection you are growing in your signature list.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
can anyone tell me why it came with a bobbed hammer and the v5&6 detent?
Bobbed hammer is for use in IPSC Standard Division, that require gun to fit in IPSC Box (different from USPSA Box and IDPA Box) with magazine inserted and cocked hammer. Expert also comes with safety configured for safe/fire/de-cock function. Second plate is for those who prefer to not have de-cock function.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah that makes sense. I know everyone jokes about it, but literally this hk-itis has got me bad! If it wasnt for the fiance, i'd have alot more already. But then again if it wasn't for her, rosie palms and her five friends would be my only comfort! I'll deal with the fiance for now... Lol.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good sir would you mind sharing where you accquired that carbon fiber knife?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Not just a bobbed hammer.....it's a match bobbed hammer. I read somewhere here that there is a performance difference. Can't remember what it was though. The barrel hood came polished from HK. If you haven't fired the Expert yet, you are in for a treat. It is smooth and crisp, but best of all, it is consistent. Were you capable, it could put them in one ragged hole. Not only that, but it is sexy...really sexy. Most times when I hit the range, I'll get a request to 'try' it. I'm proud to oblige since I know that another fellow shooter is then infected with the HK virus. Promiscuity has it's rewards.

Enjoy your Expert. There are few guns out there as exhilerating.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats! Your Expert looks fantastic!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
219 Posts
Gorgeous! You definitely upgraded, and then some.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Nice pickup! Good choice ditching the Kimber for the sinister styling of an Hk! I've never shot an expert and cannot wait for my Expert 9mm to show up in January!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would assume that batch sold out already huh?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure about the hammer and detents, but that's a nice little collection you are growing in your signature list.
those are just the hk's sir! Gotta have a diverse collection. Even though the only other pistol I have is a sig branded gsg 1911 22, but i've also got a bit of the lwrc bug too. God help me when the ic-psd comes out

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would the potential accuracy of the hk tactical night sights be the same as the installed target sights? From what I can tell they are the same things but with 3 dot tritium as well, is that correct?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts