HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a c 93 for $400 and the guy i got it from had only fired 150 rounds through it. i checked the bolt gap and it was at .08, so i bought some plus four rollers and after installing them the bolt gap was at .04. am i to assume that this gun had 0 bolt gap and that .08 rollers were already installed ? i reinstalled the rollers it came with and the bolt gap was back to .08. i took it to the range and ran 200 shells through it. i had 7 or 8 fte in the first mag and several more in the next mag, some of the brass had the neck of the brass pinched at the shoulder of the casing and after 30 more shells i had no more fte and gun worked great but when i got home i checked the bolt gap and it now is .06, what can i do to fix this? any help please ? the gun's serial number is in the 7300's.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Hello new guy.

Do a search for "C93". There are thousands of threads here answering your question.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Send it to Ghilliebear. Call him , he has posted his number all over this forum

·
Registered
370 Posts
Better to send it to GHILLIE!! Don't waste TIME AND MONEY sending back to CENTURY.
At least the RIGHT type of GOOD GUNSMITH will fix it then, and not the idiot who put it together first time (or at least the time BEFORE YOU GOT IT)!!
CENTURY DOES NOT A GOOD FIREARM MAKE ANY LONGER--USUALLY!!
(Of Course THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS!--All the Reviewers for almost every magazine I've read that has reviewed these "FABULOUS C-93's or some such loving phrase)!!", even those magazines I really trust and have read for many years, S.W.A.T, SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED, AMERICAN RIFLEMAN, S.O.F. and a couple of others, all seem to give them A+, or something equal, but I suppose it is possible that they ALL get/got special, individually hand built guns to test!-I don't think these MAGAZINES [and many others] would deliberately) mislead all their readers!!
This is especially true when one does an INTERNET SEARCH and REALLY SEES THE TRUTH ABOUT THESE GUNS!
This does not apply to ALL CENTURY GUNS, it just seems the C-93, CETME's, and a few others are worse than others. Some of their guns now and, ESPECIALLY YEARS BACK, were really fine working, good shooting, accurate pieces, a couple of which I wish I had back!
From my own experience in recent years TRYING to deal with them, I will NEVER, KNOWINGLY, BUY ANOTHER CENTURY PRODUCT!
As part kits they are usually (USUALLY!!) first class. You just need to send them to GHILLIE OR CHOPSTIX or a few other EXPERTS for a righteous build that will outshoot and probably outlast/live YOU!
DEFINITELY don't pick ANY CENTURY build as your SHTF, TEOTWAWKI or just going out of town gun unless one of the GREAT HK Gunsmiths such as GHILLIE builds it!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA, OUR GALLANT TROOPS (Some on 3,4,5+ tours)
Just vote to put in, or KEEP in, a Congress and Chief Executive who SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION AS IT WAS WRITTEN!!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
All of the C93s I own were perfect. Sorry to hear about your dilemna.

·
Vendor
6,890 Posts
The problem the bolt gap is changing is because of the improper installation of the barrel. Some of the C 93's I have seen they attempted to raise the bolt gap by installing extremely oversize rollers like plus tens or plus 12s. The rollers that are installed that are oversized have no markings so when you attempt to install plus rollers to bring the bolt gap up the bolt gap goes down because the the rollers that you are removing are sometimes larger than the rollers that you are installing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts