HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

The main concern here is that when I have the bolt locked to the rear then slap the charging handle, send a round into battery, then eject it, there's a very light primer striker on the cartridge. 2nd issue is that when I charge the weapon manually the bolt doesn't go fully into battery. I haven't cleaned the inside of the receiver yet and there is a fair amount grease build up which could be partially contributing to the problems. I just want to know if any of ya'll had similar issues and if so how you'd go about fixing them. Other than that, the rifle shoots as good as I need it to. No malfunctions. Shoots high at 50m but it's supposed to do that with 300m zero. Any feedback is appreciated.

-Jim

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
With a roller lock you do NOT ride the bolt home. Since as you discovered it will NOT go into battery properly.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Do I understand correctly that slapping your bolt carrier to let her ride home without firing it you are getting light primer strike marks?
Make sure you disassemble the bolt head and clean it well to ensure there is not any grit leaving the firing pin forward. If that doesnt correct the issue swap your firing pin and spring but also check to make sure the bolt is in spec.

If your problem is that you are getting a light primer strike on firing that first round I would look instead at replacing the bolt latch spring with a brand new one and for general principle swap the hammer spring as well. The bolt latch spring if it is weak can can bolt bounce where the force of the carrier returning home can bounce the bolt off the chamber face leaving the carrier slightly rearward of where it needs to be. This commonly causes misfires when you drop the hammer because the hammer will strike the bottom corner rear of the carrier instead of hitting the firing pin. It can drive you nuts since everything appears intact and functional but rifle will not fire.

So as said above check that you are properly slapping your cocking lever and letting it slam home to ensure this is not operator error.
If you are getting light strikes but just letting assembly slam home without firing then look at the firing. Pin channel, pin and spring as culprits.
If you are firing and the first fire is causing a light strike look at a new bolt latch spring as main culprit and hammer spring for good measure.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'd send it back to Century if there is a problem. You shouldn't have to buy crap for a rifle when you first buy it to make it function. That sounds crazy bad and maybe the headspace is wrong. I truly do not know enough about these rifles yet to inform you though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts