HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a new c308 after wanting a G3 clone for a few years now. I was very cautious about buying a century but had some good experiences with their AKs so I went ahead and pulled the trigger....well it turns out my concerns about century were well founded. The first time out to the range I was experiencing a FTf due to light primer strikes about one out of every ten rounds. I was hoping that it just needed broken in. After firing about 150 rounds thru it and a very sore shoulder, I returned home to clean and inspect it. I thoroughly cleaned the rifle and gave it a light coat of oil. The next time I took it to the range the same issue was happening about every three rounds or so. I managed to fire another 120 rounds or so (very frustrating due to having to constantly hand charge the rifle). Upon returning home I was determined to figure out the problem. After taking it all apart and hand working the bolt and firing pin I discovered that the firing pin moved easily when the bolt assembly was outside of the rifle. When I put the bolt assembly back into the gun and put it into battery, I found that the firing pin was very difficult to push by hand (I was pushing on the back of the pin to manually operate it back and forth). It was sticking and most of the time it would stick in the forward position. The only way I could get it to move freely again was to use the charging handle to unlock the bolt. Finallly I pulled the bolt assembly out again and I found that I could duplicate the problem by pushing on the side of the bolt head while simultaneously trying to operate the firing pin. I'm thinking that the reciever very may be a little crooked and causing the bolt head and carrier to not be lined up straight when in battery. Should I just try and get it returned under warranty ( prob a long shot) or try different rollers or a new bolt assembly ( quite expensive). I know this post is long and hopefully I explained the problem thouroughly. Any help is greatly appreciated. I would love to get this gun running as i am developing an obsession with these roller locked guns in spite of my first experience with them being lacking. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I would give the manufacturer a chance to remedy the issue. If the receiver was out of spec, would you really want to keep it?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Contact Century about it. If they blow you off you MIGHT be able to get PTR to do something since they are the ones that built the receivers for the C308s. Worst case you have to pay PTR to fix the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts