HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two years ago I bough a C93 from Atlantic Firearms (the only one selling these rifle to Kalifornia) .As soon as it show up at my FFl I did a quick check and it seems to work fine.
Once at home I clean and check the weapon and I barely was able to cock it, I spoke with a gunsmith friend and he told me to try (-) rollers, this style of rifle was new for me so I went ahead and tried the -2 rollers and I was able to cock it.
I went to the range and after shooting two round I inspect the case , they was marked with the chamber's flute, after the second round I had a FTE, so I decide to stop using it and find out what was wrong .I create a ticket with CAI and they denied to help me since I was living in California.....yep , the rifle sat 2 years in the safe until yesterday until I decided to go to the bottom of the story.
I put back the "original " roller and then I measure the bolt gap ( per HK manual), and after triple checking it , I figure out I'm part of the unlucky one , zero gap , nothing, nada, ...the locking piece is nice and no groove or other premature worn sign.
So from the hard to cock and no gap I figure I have a nice paper weight as right now. I'm thinking or to just try the + 8 roller and see what happen , but beside wasting some money I'm sure this is not going to improve nothing, it's like putting a bandage on a wooden leg.
I read some fixes but I wonder how much these one cost , I like this rifle for over 30 years and when I finally got a chance to have one...
Any of you who run into the same problem can give me a cost from bad to worse.
BTW serial number is C93xx 2XX

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Use the search function. Also look at C93 Facelift. Contact Ghilliebear2000 aka Jeff Walters.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Sol Cal here so I know your thoughts concerning Cali gun rules. A couple of questions? are you mechanically inclined? Do you know how to Tig weld? Do you have a Harbor Freight close to you?

If you answered yes to all you can do it! If not and still wish to learn it's possible.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Send it to Ghillie! He will take care of you.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I have decided to avoid a C93 for my Ghillie project and just buy the parts from Robert G.. these many Century-Drunken-Monkey-Kung-Fu-clone threads are just over the top

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
11C ABN, I build sand rail and Gt 40 Replica ,and I learned one thing , it's cheaper to have a pro doing the job than trying to experiment, I avoid frustration and wasting money . I contact Ghillie and I will look over it , from what I read he IS the guru. I just spoke with him, I'll let you know what he found.
thanks for the support

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just buy the +8's and see how the gap holds up.

Make sure the cocking tube gap is proper (so it is not touching the bolt carrier when in the home position).

·
Registered
25 Posts
"Work your strengths and staff your weakness" I always say. Good choice getting someone else to do it! I will say this though: there is more than one guru here and we all should be thankful to the three/four that all help us out. Imagine if there really was only ONE guru and they stopped doing what they do for us....well you get the picture. The good thing is that you didn't pick a guy doing it in the back room of Grandmas house! Good luck and post the results!

·
Registered
304 Posts
11C ABN, I build sand rail and Gt 40 Replica ,and I learned one thing , it's cheaper to have a pro doing the job than trying to experiment, I avoid frustration and wasting money . I contact Ghillie and I will look over it , from what I read he IS the guru. I just spoke with him, I'll let you know what he found.
thanks for the support
He has talked me down from the ledge a few times. You're in good hands.

·
Registered
49 Posts
@ Lumberg : BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA-GASP-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hey I can laugh having fallen victim to Century-itis!

Seriously though you have come to the right place to find help. Ghillie helped me out BIGTIME with my Century Cetme before it blew itself up. HE, and others here know the trial and tribulations of the weapons " manufactured " by Century Arms. Take a deep breath and relax, you'll find the help you are looking for here.:29:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I'd give Beltfed a call. You could always sell it for minimal loss or have someone like Beltfed repress the barrel and end up with a sweet shooter. Goodluck!
Or take some good advice from 11c ABN on repairing it yourself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts