HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the DURACOTE kit to refinish thier C93?
If so, how did it come out?
Was it user friendy?
Are you happy with the results?
Thanks for the info.

Rakkasan

Defending my right to keep and arm bears!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ghilliebear2000 (forum member) has spayed a TON of C93s with Duracoat. The examples I have seen, (including my 33k clone) look great.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did mine a few months ago. I've sprayed duracoat before and had good success but for some reason this time it didn't take. I blasted and parked the gun then sprayed and let it bake for a couple of hours. First time i shot it, the duracoat started chipping off around the muzzle and ejection port. For the other one (c93p) i just used autozone black 500 degree engine enamel right over the original park which hasn't chipped a bit. ymmv

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Thank you sir.
She's my baby. Not another one like her in the world. (I'm the first to port the gas block on these shotguns)
The gas block as I stated is "ported" on this gun to help blow out fouling while it's being fired, but the barrel ports are no bigger than any other S12 that's been done correctly.
Heck, most people don't even understand what I've done, or try to tell me it won't work. It does work though, and quite well I might add.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I did a Duracoat job on my C93 after the paddle m ag install. It doesn't seem to be real durable but it works for now. It mxes easily and is very easy to apply. Mine didn't have as glossy of a sheen as I would have liked but it works. It seems hold up decently after firing many rounds. Mine seems more heat resistant than it stands up to bumping it. Over all it works for me for the price and ease of application.

·
Registered
148 Posts
John Norrell's MolyResin. The only reason not to use it would be for odd color choices. Inexpensive, easy to use, no waste, durable....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts