HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi From A new Member!

Can anyone tell me or show me what the bolt head face on a C93 is supposed to look like? I purchased a C93 last month and just got around to shooting it when it doubled and trippled on me. I looked at a spent case and noticed that there was no indentation on the primer made by the firing pin and the primer was driven deeper into the primer pocket than normal. When it did this it also locked the bolt carrier closed and not fully in battery. When I was cleaning it I found that the bolt face was not flat all the way across like the CETME and HK91 bolt faces I have. Sticking up and all around the firing pin hole is a raised ridge that sticks out beyond the flat surface of the bolt face. This raised ridge matches the diameter of the primer. It looks like the bolt face has been turned down below the firing pin hole. It appears to look like this ridge is striking the primer causing a slam-fire condition. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
That raised area is normal, however it should not be causing rounds to go off. See reference from Buddy Hinton below:

Best,

TC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts