HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new C93. Really nice gun.

The charging handle was very difficult just to flip open, and then charging was difficult too. For anyone that has the same issue, I just replaced the charging handle, handle spring and main spring, and it made quite a difference. The charging handle they use is for the HK91, not the 93. The 91 handle works, but seems a bit tighter. Have a nice punch set and some patience. The charging handle spring isnt the easiest to get in. Also, tap it out from the top. Other than that, worked out fine.

Sometimes springs get soft with age. Sometimes they get less springy. Maybe thats what happened. Charging it is still a bit of a workout, but not terrible. At least the handle doesnt stick like it used to.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
What are your bolt and charging handle gaps?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
should have because Century is known for grinding their bolts, which gives a false reading and almost no handle gap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried the dime test. That didnt really work. Didnt do anything. Still tough. Easier with the new handle, but sometimes have to put the gun down and use two hands. Would a new locking piece or rollers make a difference? The locking piece is #8. Rollers still the standard ones, and the locking piece and bolt carrier serials match, so still original. There does seem to be a bit of wear on the locking piece.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You're probably going to want to change the charging handle for the correct 93...the geometry of the unlocking surface is actually different and it takes a lot more force to get it unlocked if the incorrect lever was used...ask me how I know.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You're probably going to want to change the charging handle for the correct 93...the geometry of the unlocking surface is actually different and it takes a lot more force to get it unlocked if the incorrect lever was used...ask me how I know.
Unless I read it wrong he states in his OP that he swapped to a 93 lever already.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts