HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a German HK 93, but really do not like to shoot it, for reasons of wear, and such. I have heard the whole range of C93 comments, probably mostly from people who do not own one, but have heard..... I would like to hear from a few people who actually own one, and comment on reliabilty, accuracy, and fit and finish, etc, etc. Just need some first hand info. Also, how much are they new, and nice used, and is there another alternative clone to Century Arms? Thanks.

· Registered
330 Posts

· Registered
530 Posts
I own a C93 and have only handled HK93s.

There is a long saga...

Basically, it all depends on who assembled your C93 and what condition the parts were in. Some came in with gray park, some semi gloss, some even with the paddle mag release installed. Some have standard profile SEF grip housings, some have funky checkered finger groove units. It is "rumored" that some "well known" builders even held C93 contracts with CAI. There was also an issue with one of the builders who got a hold of a bunch of his own kits, stated that what he (himself) was building for CAI was junk, and that he would build them better for a higher price, and keeping all margin for himself. (LOL!)

I got one of the first ones from AIM. Mine has an excellent finish, clean welds, is accurate, and has been 100% reliable. The 40rnd mags and bayonet were in very good to excellent condition. I absolutely LOVE it. I just wish the mags weren't so expensive.

· Registered
376 Posts
I would say shoot the HK93, enjoy it and when it get ratty looking have Jeff or Mike or Joe refinish it and then keep going ......
My sentiments exactly. If the rifle isn't NIB, you should shoot it and enjoy it. Otherwise, you're just keeping her nice and tight for somebody else's enjoyment. :wink: They're designed to be shot and operated under harsh conditions, and they don't generally make for the best wall-hangers.

· Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your right maybe, I have a HK SP 89, that I do not like to shoot either, they sit, and sit and sit. The 93 already has claw marks on it, so maybe I should just put the mount back on, get some decent optics, and shoot the hell out of it. Thanks.

· Registered
1,264 Posts
My Ghillie 33k built on a C93 receiver is as good as my 93. I even think it is a step ahead. Being that it has a paddle mag release. So now everone can start piling on.
I have a GB built 93 clone using a Vector receiver, RCM barrel 1:7, using a HK parts kit. Shoots pretty tight, but I hate to clean it and unless someone imports a ton of mags I can't see paying a ton of money to get extra mags............so it sits being unshot.

· Registered
10,011 Posts

· Registered
3,406 Posts
Like comparing a Yugo to a Mercedes Benz

C93 is a (maybe!) shooting parts kit to send to Ghillie

· Registered
145 Posts
While I plan to get a HK sub gun at some point, with a little cherry picking and work I find my C93 to be a great shooter/entry level gun to the roller lock world. After some minor fitting, the MKE mags work just fine and come in at about 25 bucks. With the cheap base price it leaves a lot of room to make it your gun without effecting collector value, and as a gun guy it made for a fun project to learn about the HK's design.

· Registered
985 Posts
Does that wording under the rifle say no rapid fire? You visiting a Fudd club? WTF, eh?

Shattered I moved to OR in September and there is like one range in the whole state that allows F/A firearms, all the rest of them are Fudd clubs :) , no full auto and not even rapid firing. Talk about a big change from AZ. But there are plenty of spots out in the woods to go shooting so not a big problem.

· Registered
10,011 Posts
Orygun, eh? You need to hook up with Eric (nohair) and Pat, our two resident Orygun Madmen.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a C93 built by Century. I sent it back to them about a month after I got it because it was Jamming about every 3-4 rounds. They sent it back to me after they received it and put 40 rds of military 223 through it flawlessly. I discovered it likes Hot stuff, 223 loaded to maximum works flawlessly in it. It is also the most accurate .223 semi auto I have out of , Colt AR15A2, DPMS AR15A2, Galil Golani,SIG 556 classic. Of course the Remington 700 bolt action varmit will put it to shame

· Registered
6,222 Posts
This type of thread always fascinates me. Someone comes along and ask about a clone gun as if it is a consistent build. There is really no true one single answer to a question like this. These guns are assembled by different people and they're assembled to different quality standards. asking if one is similar to an HK 93 is like asking if a snowflake is the same as any other. It just isn't. I have a c93 and it seems to be built pretty well. But there are some differences between it and it actually hk93. I bought mine when they were first released and it was still about $900 for one. the fact of the matter is that quality is allover the place on The c93 and there is no way to say for certain if it's similar to an HK 93 or not. You just have to take each gun and check it out to see what it compares to.

· Registered
530 Posts
This type of thread always fascinates me. Someone comes along and ask about a clone gun as if it is a consistent build. There is really no true one single answer to a question like this. These guns are assembled by different people and they're assembled to different quality standards. asking if one is similar to an HK 93 is like asking if a snowflake is the same as any other. It just isn't. I have a c93 and it seems to be built pretty well. But there are some differences between it and it actually hk93. I bought mine when they were first released and it was still about $900 for one. the fact of the matter is that quality is allover the place on The c93 and there is no way to say for certain if it's similar to an HK 93 or not. You just have to take each gun and check it out to see what it compares to.
That's what I said in post #4.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.