HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Just picked up a C93.... Haven't shot it yet but I hope the drunk'n Monkeys were haveing a good day! Over all it is pretty much as I hoped.... fitt and finish are pretty good.... about as I expected... Bolt gap is .012 so I guess I will be trying +4 or +6 rollars....

The only issues is where the cocking tube mates up with the front sight/ triple frame assembly seems outta sort.... the tube sits to the left of it's ring in the front sight... with about a gap of 1/8" on the right side...I assume the front sight is crooked or the cocking tube is bent... I am not sure which??? Should the cocking tube be welded to the front sight ring...it is not... the lower ring is just welded to the barrel!

Knowing Century...moneys is on the front sight welded crooked!

I do wonder am I missing a part Here? An adapter of some sort maybe? the cocking tube is under sized in relation to the front sight ring.... and kinda flops around in the ring, and only seems to fit a bit less then 1/8" into the front sight.

I will post some pics... so you all can see the mess I am in!!! Well I knew what I Was doing when I bought it!!! Screw It I really wanted a '93... so this is what I get for buying a Century sight unseen!
I bought it new at grabagun...so not sure if I can even send it back to century, if it should turn out to be terminal!

Thanks!!!
Fred

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Congrats on the C93. A quick crude method is to whack it with a soft rubber mallet if it's slightly crooked.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

The more I look at it the more I think it is a badly canted fron sight/ triple frame... What do ya think back to Century? If they will take her back....
or would I make out worse.... the devil you know... Yudda, Yudda, Yudda!
Since I bought it through a third party (Was billed as New) do you thing century will take it back?

Thanks!
Fred

jfk, when you say "it" is slightly crooked did you mean the sight or cocking tube? Do you think there is enough play in mine to get movement?
I don't expect perfection... It's a Century.... but straight sights ARE kinda important!!! It does look a bit worse in person....
then it does in the pic. The sight is canted to the left, from the shooters perspective.

Is the cockingtube supposed to be flopping (Really not that much play!), around in the Triple Frame???

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't let the purists freak you out. Try shooting it and you will be able to tell if the sight is crooked, especially if you have to crank the rear sight way over to one side. The bolt gap is fine unless it shrinks. The offset of the cocking tube to sight is more common than not and they are not welded. That gap is supposed to be there.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Don't let the purists freak you out. Try shooting it... and they are not welded. That gap is supposed to be there.
Yep... it's a free floating barrel system. The trip frame is only supposed to be attached to the barrel.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hey Guys,

The more I look at it the more I think it is a badly canted fron sight/ triple frame... What do ya think back to Century? If they will take her back....
or would I make out worse.... the devil you know... Yudda, Yudda, Yudda!
Since I bought it through a third party (Was billed as New) do you thing century will take it back?

Thanks!
Fred

jfk, when you say "it" is slightly crooked did you mean the sight or cocking tube? Do you think there is enough play in mine to get movement?
I don't expect perfection... It's a Century.... but straight sights ARE kinda important!!! It does look a bit worse in person....
then it does in the pic. The sight is canted to the left, from the shooters perspective.

Is the cockingtube supposed to be flopping (Really not that much play!), around in the Triple Frame???

If you can remove the flash hider, do so. Adjust the rear drum until it's in the middle. You can either eyeball it or use a set of calipers. Place a laser boresighter with the correct arbor into the barrel. If your front and rear sights line up, then the cocking tube crooked. If your front sight looks off, you should also check to see if the trunion is crooked when welded into place. My guess whomever built it bypassed soldering the front tower into place before adding the sling loop. Use a mallet and whack it into place, done deal, C93 combat ready.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the help and advice... I tried wacking the hell outta the front sight...With a rubber mallet... All I managed to do was shatter the cheesy lower.... (Guess I shoulda removed it first... DUH!) No biggie... I got an SEF Lower on order, going to Clip and Pin it myself!

As far as the front sight...

CAUTION!!!! THE FOLLOWING IS A BUBBA REPAIR!!!! THE FOLLOWING IS A BUBBA REPAIR!!!! THE FOLLOWING IS A BUBBA REPAIR!!!!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

This is how I did it:

This is what I used:

Result:

I know this is not a real repair... but as far as I can tell it is just a cosmetic issue anyway, (But just like a lost filling... my damn tongue won't leave it alone!), I used a dremel (The home handyman's secret weapon! (Besides ductape!) and we all know, There is no problem that a dremel can't make worse!), to cut a shim from a brass strike plate I had laying around, bent the shim into a cresent shape, and popped it in between the triple Frame and Cocking tube... Done... Easy! There seems to be no extra drag when cocking the bolt... And it is MUCH better looking... Finally got that damn tooth pulled!!!

I don't expect any issue when firing... Of course I have to wait for my new Lower,( I repeat...DUH!), to come in! I don't think this is a permanent solution... but I do think it will work fine... Until I can get this thing to Ghilliebear, for a real repair!

Thanks to All, for the help and advise!
Fred

1 - 7 of 7 Posts