HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My C93 was a good one...at least I thought so. The only issue, besides very a slightly canted front sight, was the mags wobbled a lot. Well I noticed now that after you seat the mag and move it slightly to the right it falls right out. I called Century and they said they could either repair the rifle or replace it. I chose for the replacement. Century told me that it would take 30-60 days as they are out of stock on C93's but are building more. What's the chances of them getting everything right with the new batch? I hate to send it back because it was a great shooter, but they need to make these things right.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
What are the chances? Really?
They've been building these things for what, two years? If they haven't got them worked out by now I highly doubt they care enough to even try.

Were it me in your shoes I'd look around and see if someone here could help me fix the gun. Myself, I can fix the issue it has but were I not so inclined to work on my own gun or lacked the knowledge I know there are folks right here that can help me either fix it myself or fix it for me.
If you sent it to one of the guys here it would cost a bit, sure. But it would be right and not the crap shoot you'll have sending it back to the angry monkeys.

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Meh... for a $499 rifle I'd send it to Chop or Ghilliebear. Invest $25 and ship it out to someone you KNOW will do it right.

"... back to the angry monkeys".... I love it. That can be a new computer game.

·
Registered
370 Posts
DO NOT waste your time AND money sending it back to CENTURY!!
Send it Ghillie or, as Shattered said, Chop!!
Been browsing this site 6 years and NEVER HAVE seen a bad post on either.
I have dealt with Ghillie, but would/will try Chop sometime soon too!

·
Registered
162 Posts
You may be able to file the magwell down a little bit to get it to seat properly. I spent about 5 minutes with a file and all my mag fit issues were gone.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
You may be able to file the magwell down a little bit to get it to seat properly. I spent about 5 minutes with a file and all my mag fit issues were gone.
Lol. I sent my first one back because of very low gap. Everything else was good on the rifle, straight tube, good magwell , and furniture went on and off with ease. The hand picked replacement came with +6 rollers , crappy magwell with lots of slop, and could barely get the buttstock off. I fixed the magwell myself but will have to have a repress done to put the rifle in good shape. I hear of occassional good repair service from century but those are few and far between. If it were me, I wouldn't waste the time with century because you might get a worse rifle back. Their judgement on what is good and what isn't, is a joke. You're likely just wasting time with them.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
DO NOT waste your time AND money sending it back to CENTURY!!
Send it Ghillie or, as Shattered said, Chop!!
Been browsing this site 6 years and NEVER HAVE seen a bad post on either.
I have dealt with Ghillie, but would/will try Chop sometime soon too!
The Man speaks the truth, Century is a waste of time. If I ever purchased one of these C93's I would just sent it directly to Ghillie and let him do his thing.
Then again I would never get one to begin with. ;)

Hi Russ,

HDH.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sent a message to Ghilliebear based on your feedback. In the meantime, I remembered that I bought 2 of the MKE 30 round mags that are very tight in the may well. I may try to fit those and see what happens. Thanks for the help/input.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I sent mine back to Century due to a rear sight base that was welded crooked. I didn't have enough windage to properly zero the rifle. The turnaround was about 2-3 weeks and they sent me a good SHOOTER. If you want one that looks as good as it shoots, I would send it off to one of the HKPro guys and have them re-barrel and refinish the gun.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Dog bites man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts