HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this works. I took my C93 out today intending to shoot an explosive target on video, but my range doesn't allow them due to some interesting neighbors (long story). I decided to take a video instead of me shooting a couple unopened Pepsi cans and a milk jug full of ice. Here are the results:

[video]http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/thelongone13/?action=view&current=107_0001.mp4[/video]

C93, 25 yards, 5.56 hollowpoints.

Here's the aftermath:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol you found those, huh? Those were our family Halloween pictures this year.

I'm quite impressed with what a .223 hollowpoint can do... The exit wounds on these things are insane...

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Impressive but don't forget, point blank range. Put the round in an M4 or HK53 and the target at 200-300 yards and the affects are going to be much different. IMHO, if it has to be a .223 then it should definately be a 20" barrel.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Impressive but don't forget, point blank range. Put the round in an M4 or HK53 and the target at 200-300 yards and the affects are going to be much different. IMHO, if it has to be a .223 then it should definately be a 20" barrel.
That also depends on what bullet type we are talking about. A softpoint at 300 yards would be a killer even from a 16 inch barrel, which IMO is the shortest that should be used. And BTW the longest shot ever taken in recorded (modern) police work was less than 200 yards, and it's likely that few civilians will ever make even that long a shot in self defense. Don't get me wrong, I am usually a 7.62 NATO kind of guy, but the 5.56 can do a lot of good service too

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
You are right for sure and I think the 16" in a good compromise.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About the leg: That's not gone well...

It would make sense that the longest law enforcement shot was under 200 yards. I can't honestly think of a situation in which a longer shot would really be taken. Given the nature of law enforcement firearms training and the standards set forth by caselaw such as Graham v. Connor, it doesn't seem like a 200 yard plus shot would likely be either necessary or justifiable.

Military, I can completely see how 500+ yard shots make sense. Hell, that one soldier in Iraq with the 1.5 mile shot, Barrett .50 BMG, through a CINDER BLOCK WALL at that distance....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts