HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the C93 on 2/8/2012, actually got a good build from century arms so a lot of money didn't have to go to Gilliebear for fixin' up (which is great because me being a Texan, I was concerned about sending a gun and $ to an Oklahoman). All joking aside every thing I've seen and herd the man does fantastic work, you've just got to live in the area to know the rivalry. :wink:

I started ordering accessories and tools on Sunday and every thing came today so here is my C93 with the UTG claw mount and scope set up.

I'm taking it to the range tomorrow and hopefully will shoot another 200 rounds if everything doesn't go to scheisse (scope mount issues, scope won't hold zero issues) and then continue to shoot and hunt with this set up and let ya'll know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by the way, I got this from HKparts.net and they got it to me super fast and the packaging was so cool, crumpled up Sunday ads in a plan box; you could tell a man had done it and the HK stickers are great. HKparts.net, get some.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I have the German mounts and the UTG and the UTG is nothing to write home about. I will only use it on a shooter/range gun and never for the real deal

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have the German mounts and the UTG and the UTG is nothing to write home about. I will only use it on a shooter/range gun and never for the real deal
+ 1 I had one of these, it broke. For years of trouble free service the German mount is worth the extra money.

HDH.

·
Registered
370 Posts
STRONGLY AGREE with HANSELLHD and BLITZKREIG!!
Have seen two of those UTG/Chinese mounts break just at times a friend and I were shooting.
One broke WHILE being fired and the other when clamping on!!
+++ For the GERMAN ones. Have three and they have never been a problem!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, time will show me the error of my ways. I'll see if I can break it this afternoon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I guess because I'm old and forget sometimes, who won the Red River Rivalry last year?????????
Just kidding!!!!! That looks like a neat set up, let us know how it holds up.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
[I said:
Texheim;1143269] (which is great because me being a Texan, I was concerned about sending a gun and $ to an Oklahoman)......
Well, Jeff really is a Texican I just don't think he has come to terms with that yet...................

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess because I'm old and forget sometimes, who won the Red River Rivalry last year?????????
Just kidding!!!!! That looks like a neat set up, let us know how it holds up.
Saw your location; I doubt you have forgotten. I do however strongly believe we can reach an agreement on WhyTF did they change the name to Red River Rivalry from Red River Shoot Out! Makes me angry!

Also, way to go TCU

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh yeah I remember, just couldn't resist taking as shot, LOL.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah I thought bringing that up might be too much.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Bought the C93 on 2/8/2012, actually got a good build from century arms so a lot of money didn't have to go to Gilliebear for fixin' up (which is great because me being a Texan, I was concerned about sending a gun and $ to an Oklahoman). All joking aside every thing I've seen and herd the man does fantastic work, you've just got to live in the area to know the rivalry. :wink:

I'm taking it to the range tomorrow and hopefully will shoot another 200 rounds if everything doesn't go to scheisse (scope mount issues, scope won't hold zero issues) and then continue to shoot and hunt with this set up and let ya'll know.
That's funny, Ghillie said he was a Longhorn trapped in Okieville. ^_^ Right? Can't comment on the UTG claw mount, only have the German one. I do have the low profile UTG and it's only O.K.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shot 180 rounds yesterday with UTG mount, my 200 round goal was short because they wouldn't let me shoot my box of tracers :(. I had absolutely no issues with the mount, it didn't move, stayed consistent and certainly didn't break.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
STRONGLY AGREE with HANSELLHD and BLITZKREIG!!
Have seen two of those UTG/Chinese mounts break just at times a friend and I were shooting.
One broke WHILE being fired and the other when clamping on!!
+++ For the GERMAN ones. Have three and they have never been a problem!!
Leapers / UTG have been making their stuff in the USA since 2011 according to their website.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Leapers / UTG have been making their stuff in the USA since 2011 according to their website.
These days that alone is no guarantee of quality. Mine is the earlier version, no doubt made in China

1 - 19 of 19 Posts