HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
34,594 Posts
Looking to see how high the serial numbers go? I've heard of 94s in the 16000s.
The highest that I have seen in the U.S. is 43-16308, though I am aware of one in Norway that is 16343 (no 43-) that has no left/right receiver markings, no date code on the top of the receiver, and a test target of 9/5/96 (or 05-09-96)!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Are these 94's more desirable, based on their history, or less so?
They are MORE desirable. While some of them have numbers stamped or etched into the receiver, many others do not. They tend to be low round count internally and most have the serial number prefix. On top of that, quite a few are post ban guns ('92) which adds to the cool factor.

·
HKPRO PREMIUM LURKER
61 Posts
Less--- but still desirable!!! :biggrin:

Tony
For your interest here is my DOC94 refinished (stenciling removed), paddle mag release added, and internals upgraded. Hope to have it converted to MP5-N with new B&T barrel shortly. It is a KB date code with a fairly high serial#.

·
Banned
34,594 Posts
Opps, I meant '91, the KB date codes.
I thought you meant the 1989 ban--- yes--- the 1991's (KB's) are very desirable, especially if non-CA DOC!!! :biggrin:
Pertaining to the KB's (420 total), my understanding is as follows:

1. HK retained 110 for civilian sales (HK94 rear sights/A3 stocks) for dealer sales in the U.S. (distributors were DSA and R-Guns);
2. CA DOC returned 310 to HK for resale in 2004. :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
84 Posts
Of course , some of you guys have not noticed any rack numbers or electo penciled markings because I would guess that most have been refinished before you bought them . Did you guys pick them up at your local law enforcement center or did you pick them up at your FFL of choice ? Nothing wrong with refinishing but it does hurt value on any firearm . Shoot the heck out of them and be happy .

·
Registered
269 Posts
Looking to see how high the serial numbers go? I've heard of 94s in the 16000s.
I bought one of the Cal DOJ guns from Eric at Lakeside Machine in 2008. It was unissued, brand new in the box and was NOT refinished. It looked like it had just come from the factory, not a scratch on it and no LE markings. Serial number is 43-16326.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
I bought one of the Cal DOJ guns from Eric at Lakeside Machine in 2008. It was unissued, brand new in the box and was NOT refinished. It looked like it had just come from the factory, not a scratch on it and no LE markings. Serial number is 43-16326.
Damn. :3000000:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Eric at Lakeside made all those .22 cal belt fed ar15 uppers if I recall ? Very nice quality . Eric used to offer Parkerizing services and I bet he could also use Norrels , Gunkote or Duracoat as well . Yours very well may be a true factory hk finish and all I am trying to point out is the HK black finish is really basic and easy to reproduce [ other than the gray version] . Buyer beware on any " original " that is being sold on the market . I have refinished for the past 20 + years and don't want anyone to get burned .

·
Registered
269 Posts
Eric at Lakeside made all those .22 cal belt fed ar15 uppers if I recall ? Very nice quality . Eric used to offer Parkerizing services and I bet he could also use Norrels , Gunkote or Duracoat as well . Yours very well may be a true factory hk finish and all I am trying to point out is the HK black finish is really basic and easy to reproduce [ other than the gray version] . Buyer beware on any " original " that is being sold on the market . I have refinished for the past 20 + years and don't want anyone to get burned .
Actually, Eric brokered the deal from a private seller in the nearby area. It was new, absolutely no wear on any of the parts.

·
Banned
34,594 Posts
Of course , some of you guys have not noticed any rack numbers or electo penciled markings because I would guess that most have been refinished before you bought them . Did you guys pick them up at your local law enforcement center or did you pick them up at your FFL of choice ? Nothing wrong with refinishing but it does hurt value on any firearm . Shoot the heck out of them and be happy .
I do not know what HK did with these when CA DOC returned them!!! :confused:

Tony

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Now that, is cool SudS, thanks. Is the barrel shroud shown a currently available part?
I am pretty sure that is the E & L NON-Ventilated barrel shroud, with the forward grip swapped out. They compliment the HK 94 quite nicely, and look almost like an actual suppressor. Still sold and available.

http://www.brasscatchers.com/pics/304.jpg

41 - 60 of 67 Posts