HKPRO Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
34,591 Posts
I bought one of the Cal DOJ guns from Eric at Lakeside Machine in 2008. It was unissued, brand new in the box and was NOT refinished. It looked like it had just come from the factory, not a scratch on it and no LE markings. Serial number is 43-16326.
If it was NIB, then yours must be 1 of 110 that HK retained for civilian sales--- thanks for the SN--- it is the highest, U.S. serial number that I am aware of!!! :eek:

Questions: :wink:

1. Did the HK94 come with HK94 rear sights/A3 stock?
2. Did the HK94 come in a plastic gun wrap?
3. Did the package come with a 30-round magazine in red butcher paper?
4. Did it have a test target?

Tony

·
Banned
34,591 Posts
Eric at Lakeside made all those .22 cal belt fed ar15 uppers if I recall ? Very nice quality . Eric used to offer Parkerizing services and I bet he could also use Norrels , Gunkote or Duracoat as well . Yours very well may be a true factory hk finish and all I am trying to point out is the HK black finish is really basic and easy to reproduce [ other than the gray version] . Buyer beware on any "original" that is being sold on the market . I have refinished for the past 20 + years and don't want anyone to get burned .
I know that all of mine are original--- six (6) shipped directly from DSA to my FFL friend in a large, outer, cardboard box (i.e., no shipping labels on the gun boxes)--- the outer box was opened when I arrived at his shop, and I was allowed to choose the ones that I wanted--- only chose the consecutives--- should have bought all of them!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Super Moderator
2,831 Posts
I do not know what HK did with these when CA DOC returned them!!! :confused:

Tony
They did nothing to the ones we got, they were not cleaned or anything, I think they came in large boxes with many guns in each, I remenbered opening the boxes and had 94s all over the place.

·
Registered
788 Posts
43-16100 was mine, with no obvious internal wear.

It had electro-stencilled numbers on the left side of the receiver, which would be easily stoned out.

The finish was original, and very good. There was one quarter sized spot on the stock which had been sanded smooth where I assume it had a ding.

Before I sold it for $3200 back in 2010, to be converted to MP5 at TSC by it's happy new owner:

61 - 67 of 67 Posts