HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm really close to purchasing my first HK that I can barely think about anything else. Call me crazy but I know some of you know exactly what I'm talking about. Anyways, it has come down to the P2000 V2 .40 or the USPc .45. Now my question to you knowledgeable CA residents is can I order any variant in this state? The P2000 is easy because variant 2 is on the list so this is strictly for the USPc. I know the approved list here in California states that the USP compact is legal as Variant 1. Thing is I want to purchase a Variant 7 with LEM USP Compact because of the clean look with no lever and i prefer the LEM trigger to the SA/DA. Will this be possible or will I be forced to purchase a V1 and do the conversion? If this is the case how much would this conversion cost at a gunsmith? Found a great website with some of the best prices and wanted to pick your beads before I go ahead and place my order. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You a little SOL there. Kali has the USPc listed as "Comp USP45 V1 / Steel, Polymer" so the model number on the gun you order/buy from the FFL has to match exactly. Luckily for you HK variants are easily changed so you can buy a LEM kit and convert your V1 USPc to V7.

Yes just changing the trigger variant doesnt affect the functionality/safety of the gun but according to the clueless politicians in Kali the USPc in V7 is "unsafe". Dont try to figure out why, sometimes you just cant cure stupid.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FiUgured these Bolsheviks were gonna screw me one way or another. Thanks for your answer. I dd notice on Stalin's approved list that the USP compact in .40 is allowed as LEM. I just don't know if I should budge as .45 is a round I really like shooting.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You a little SOL there. Kali has the USPc listed as "Comp USP45 V1 / Steel, Polymer" so the model number on the gun you order/buy from the FFL has to match exactly. Luckily for you HK variants are easily changed so you can buy a LEM kit and convert your V1 USPc to V7.

Yes just changing the trigger variant doesnt affect the functionality/safety of the gun but according to the clueless politicians in Kali the USPc in V7 is "unsafe". Dont try to figure out why, sometimes you just cant cure stupid.
This^^^ Buy one and convert it after you dros the gun.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
HK 45's are the hot ticket in California due to the 10 round magazine restrictions. If I am limited to ten, they are going to be ten big ones. The USP45C in particular is a great gun for California. You can use both 8 round mags with either flat base plates to shrink it to a small size, larger finger extension plates and 10 rounders for the range and as back ups and reloads.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys and yes you are correct 45 is big here. The USPc caught my eye for that exact reason.

·
Registered
316 Posts
OP you need to go to Calguns.net. The roster is all but dead. Many FFL's are doing single shot conversions to allow you to get off roster guns in CA completely legally. (just did it for a Coonan .357) If you want an off roster pistol in CA, there is NOTHING stopping you. You have to be creative and patient, but it will be yours.
PM me if you need specifics.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
as said it is legal to own an off roster gun. you can buy it SSE or from a private party. the law only prevents dealers from selling you one new of the shelf ( without the SSE). check out Calguns.net. and Tablerockarms.com

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great info guys I appreciate it. Seems that HK45 compacts are selling for a lot more than what they are worth though understandably. What exactly is done to a gun to make it a single shot weapon and how easy is it to switch back to normal?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts