HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This my second time out and I'm having this happened 2-3 times a 30 round mag. I was going to post about the weird lines i got on each shell casing that's ejected. The gun is leaving deep grooves in the casing or in some cases destroying as you can see. Have anyone ever seen this before, is it normal? What could be causing this problem. I was having the same FTE happen before i changed the lower too but not to the extreme of destroying the casing but i didn't run more then a mag through the gun. I had maybe 1 FTE. The new lower is very tight when you take it apart. Like once its connected to the upper receiver its very tight to the point where you have to compress the 2 housing to get the lug holding the assemble together. Could this be causing this problem?

These pictures show right when it happened, the cartridges in the mag, and the casing after when it happened, plus those lines you see on the shell is on all rounds after they are fired. Those lines happened even before i changed the lower. I was using Blazer steel (i think) and Winchester brass ammo

·
Vendor
2,158 Posts
Lol. Welcome to the. 40 . What bolt head are you using. Mine took some break in time and is somewhat ammo sensitive, prefers 165 grain hot ammo. What ejector do you have? Bolt gap? At least you have german mags.

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
crap, my knowledge of these guns still in the NOOB category...i'll post more info once i get it. here's the little i know:

Its a 3 position selector lower, it an full auto trigger group. i had it on full auto when firing. Could this be the reason why i'm having the problems? I haven't tried it on the semi auto selection yet.

I have for auction a Coharie clone of the MP5 .40 s&w pistol. Comes with 9 magazines, 3 of which are HK German magazines.Comes with case and care manual. The complete bolt carrier group is all HK factory, along with the recoil spring, recoil rod and the complete lower is also German. I can send more pics if you email me. Can only sell where legal, if you gun laws suck in your state please don't bid

I cleaned and oiled this gun too by the way.

·
Vendor
2,158 Posts
Well from the pics he already has a german bolt and mags. Pics of your trigger pack? Problems only in full?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
whats the bolt gap?

is the shelf at the proper height? I know that can be an issue on 9mm

I am not well versed on .40's

if its a HK bolt why is there a gold colored extractor spring? Or is that whats used in .40?

If it isn't a HK bolt thats what I would blame, and the fact that its a Coharie turd from Todd "Toad" Bailey

FYI I have a CA94 and the only I got mine to work 100% is with a HK German lower and bolt head. The build quality is a travesty and I cannot get a consistent bolt gap because the weapon is so out of spec.

So we are in the same boat brother!

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Ejector and locking piece would be the next suspects. A non-HK ejector gave me some issues as well, and they seem to have a "piece" that hang down from the forward part of the lever. Additionally, the LP could give you some issues especially if it is the #25 (HI) and maybe even the #26 with those Blasers. I would think that yours should have the #24 (LO) but you might want to check.

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
trust me, i'm about to post detail pics to get this done with out having to issue out the cash to send to a gun smith because i know it'll cost alot to fit this if i do. thanks guys, i'll give more details once i get home.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
If you have the Coharie recoil rod (each end has allen head screws), swap it with a German assembly. The first 40 I built had problems and would only cycle with a certain kind of ammo. Swapped out the rod and bolt head, problem went away.

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
can that be place backwards because i took it out to clean and forgot which way i took it out so i just placed it back figuring it didn't matter.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The OP didn't state whether he using a Coharie BCG or HK but I'd guess Coharie since it's creasing the brass. I had the same issues in a 10mm until I swapped out the BCG for all German pieces.
I did reduce the damage to the brass by grinding a radius on the two leading corners of the Coharie bolt.

Also try a German ejector lever, my CA ejector would miss the slot in the bolt allowing the carrier to run over the top of the ejector binding up the entire BCG which required pulling the buttstock and lower to clear.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Yep. Just assembled my 40 tonight. Fired one round. Won't cycle. Ejector lever under bolt head. I already know I need a new bolt head an ejector lever. I'll pick those up sometime in the future. Question on my LP. Who made it??

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
having the exact thing happen in my gun. Going to order a new one soon. I notice the 40sw spring are not copper looking but mine is. Could i have the wrong spring installed?

Also i'm going to place the original trigger group housing next time to see if the new housing could be causing the problem. I haven't had time to get my details on the inner workings because i been moving to a new place and have no internet nor most my stuff.

MP5 w/worn out extractor Spring..German Push-pin MP5 - YouTube

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
honestly. I don't know how TB could f* up a spring but if anyone can it's him

if I were you I would order a few from Adam and then you know youre good to go

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Does anyone have an answer to my question? Trying to figure out who made that LP. Hoping to get away with just a new bh and ejector lever.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Fordemti , can't say I'm 100% but I have a special weapons / vector piece I bought from Wendy on GB and its Identical .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts