HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a CA89 and want to replace the lower with something a bit fatter in the hand. I see lots of lowers for sale but most have a hole/pin near the front bottom. Mine has tabs there but no hole/pin (see photo). It slides in on a metal tab. What factory HK lower will work? Thanks.

eta fur spellins'

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
What he said.
But I'll add, if you want something more substantial to hold on to get a c/p'd metal lower. The older pistol grip has more meat to it and fills the hand better. Using a US made grip on it also maintains your 922r parts count.

edit: Nevermind the parts count. Don't apply to pistols. Sorry.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I saw that thread before I posted. I guess the pinned look threw me off. So, if you say they'll work, I'll give Adam a call.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Thank you. I saw that thread before I posted. I guess the pinned look threw me off. So, if you say they'll work, I'll give Adam a call.
Before you get one - I have both. I just measured each of them with calipers. The older metal frame grips are only about 1/16" thicker, and 1/10" wider front to back. So they are a little bigger, but not by very much. They do, however have a thumb rest near the top and finger swells. I actually like the plastic lowers better.

Also - before you order a full lower from Adam, you might want to try RobertRTG.com - he has just the grips, and used ones are only $4 so you could see if you are going to like it or not.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Also realize that you'll have to replace the entire lower if you go with the metal or the all plastic, non-ambi lower. You can't use you'r ambi trigger pack that came in your CA94 to use in the new grip frame, as the safeties are different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts