HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the clutch is done so here are the pictures and a range report:

I know the header says "pistol" but it's obviously been morphed. I used the original flash hider and welded a tube to it to make a barrel extension. That was threaded on then plug welded to the barrel from underneath to get it to the legal length for a stock. I intend to form 1 it in the future, thus the ca93 pistol as a starting point rather than the regular ca93 rifle.

Took it to the range today along with 60 rounds of wolf black box 55g 223 ammo. It was a bolt action the entire time. I cleaned the bolt group before going out but the barrel looked good so i didn't worry about cleaning it. Probably my main mistake. Every round for the first forty extracted but seemed to short-stroke and hung on to the spent case. After that, i could get two rounds in a row with the third jamming in the same way. In the last 20 rounds, i got two strings of five rounds each before a jam, followed by more two round strings. I came home and cleaned the snot out of the chamber and am hoping that, along with an ammo change, takes care of the problem. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Definitely try some 5.56 rated ammo, although it should handle wolf .223 anyway.

Check your bolt gap, extractor/spring, ejector etc. Make sure the bolt head isn't ground on the rear creating a false gap either.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like its got a #8 lp in it. a little research shows it should be a #15. I think i'll pick up one of those and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The locking piece may of been ground to be a #15. It could of been ground unevenly or wrong too. Going to a well known MFG for a #15 won't hurt but may not be the solution. Use either RCM or H&K

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. If the 8, with a 53 deg angle was re-ground to a 65 deg angle, then i should actually get a good bit more gap to show with a new LP, right? I know the extract and spring are ok, because it never failed to let go of the case even when it jammed. holds nice and tight. The ejector looks low but didn't eject even when i shimmed it up higher. It doesn't look like the bolt is going far enough back for the case to even hit the ejector. It's like it pulls the case out of the chamber then pushes it immediately forward into the breech face without hitting the ejector.

I'm hoping it was just dirty flutes but if not, it seems that it's got to be something with the LP or maybe the wrong recoil spring.

By the way, Lumbergh, what's so rotten about it? Stock or muzzle extension?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts