HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two questions

1. How do you remove the fake suppressor on the CA94. I have applied for my SBR and want to get any special tools if I will need them.

2. I know there is a three lug barrel underneath the fake suppressor. Is this three lug threaded on the barrel? If yes what is the thread pitch? I am looking for suppressors as we speak.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would like to eventually SBR mine also.

I've been wondering if anyone has done a pictorial "how to" guide
on the best way to remove the fake suppressor after you get your
SBR approval.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
You can use a Dremel tool to cut three elongated slits along the three lug barrel, preferably between the lugs. DO NOT CUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH AT THIS TIME.

Place the muzzle extension in a vise and twist. The extension will come out. Some people have been successful with just removing the blind pin. A friend of mine had two blind pins installed on his barrel, unknown why.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The way I was told it to first grind the weld at the bind pin, then drill/punch the pin out. Next heat the supressor with a torch and hit it a few times with a rubber mallet or hammer to drive it off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Response from Vector

With the fake can removal, I got this response from Vector. Waiting on my Form 1 to come back....

Removing the fake suppressor can be tricky. It is pressed on and then pinned. You can find the pin by looking around the back of the suppressor and finding the spot where we welded. It will be a bump. You then file or grind the bump off until you can see the outside profile of the 1/8" pin. The suppressor is aluminum and the pin is steel. When you see the pin, tap the opposite side of the suppressor and try to make the pin fall out. If is doesn't, you might have to drill down the side of the pin until you can get ahold of it or dig it out. It is anchored into one of the trilugs. That is the easy part. Because the suppressor is pressed on, usually it will not come off by just pulling on it. You will have to come out in front of the front sight tower about 1 3/4" and cut the suppressor off. This should miss the barrel. Then you will have to see where the trilugs are and aren't so you can split the suppressor piece down between two of the lugs. From what I have seen, people use a dremmel tools with a little cut off wheel on it. Be observant here because you down want to cut into the barrel. There is 1/8" space between the suppressor and the barrel so you can miss the barrel when cutting as long as you are between the lugs. If you cut all the way through the suppressor piece, you can insert a flat-blade screwdriver and pry it open a little and the piece should slide off.

B

·
0 Posts
Detective that was ery detailed. I am trying to get as much info on this before I attempt. Any other tip you or anyone could add would be great as always much appreciate the help here. Karl

·
Registered
173 Posts
tip...

Dont screw up!

just kidding. becareful know how deep you are at all times. dont be destracted. you dont want to have to get a new barrle pressed in that would take some coin$$$.

im going to be SBRing mine soon.

what is the measurments with the fixed stock? if any one knows
and what is the length of the barrle

·
Registered
43 Posts
CA 89

FYI, the barrel length is in the back of the manual that came with your rifle, it is 8.5" I believe.

I ordered the CA89 to avoid getting my dremel out. Should have mine in about 2 weeks.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Is this barrel 4140 or 416 stainless.How do the lugs really look without paint

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mine had a semi parked look. My FS had some play in it after a couple of thousand rounds of sear play (the sear jumps around so I have to keep the FS in place to keep the collection in legal standing). So when I removed it to shim stock the play out was how I noticed the finish difference. The newer CA89K guns have a flat gray finish mimicking gray park so it may depend on when your gun was built. I know that the later generation guns do not have the thick paint issues the older one did. The builder switched to Lauer's product and it really helped the appearance.
P.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I contacted SW about this as my gun is a CA94 bought from SW. I was told to find the pin grind it down remove it hold the gun barrel facing down and hit the fake suppressor with a blow torch and it should fall right off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts