HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my CA94 clone. I also have a SW5. For some reason the CA94 feels so much lighter than my SW5. Also Does the Coharie just feel cheap to some of ya'll. Maybe I am paranoid but it just feels really cheap and too plasticky. I replaced the bolt on my sw5 with a real MP5 bold and carrier. It also has a clipped and pinned SEF trigger pack. Am I being too nit picky? Also the magwell seems really tight, and does not fit the POF mags all that well. I guess I will be putting some work into this boy. Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The SW5 is probably cast and the CA94 is stamped, eg lighter weight. The orginals were stamped. As always YMMV. Jeff

·
Registered
376 Posts
The CA94 has plastic parts, the reason for the lighter weight when compared to a real German HK MP5 9mm. Some of the CA94 plastic parts include the cocking tube and the lower trigger frame.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Actually my Lower Trigger Frame/Pack is metal.

Allbeit cheap stamped steel that looks like the holes were drilled by someone who didnt care about their workmanship.

But for the price of the Cohaire compared to a HK94 you cannot beat it, even if it takes tweaking to get to function.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah, is your SW5 with case receiver? that would make it heavier than standard HK94. The CA94 is suppose to be lighter than HK94 because the US made stamped receiver is of slightly thinner metal compared to HK94. That's the reason for it.

Other than that, does one have a full 16" barrel which would mean there's more barrel weight up front, where as a fake suppressor wont' weight as much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts