HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of cetme kits and have a 260 remington (308 necked down) barrel 20"-21" long I can turn down to fit. I can also have the chamber fluted if ness. My question is will this round and barrel length work with the cetme roller system? Bullet weights are close to light 308 rounds.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Oh man! This has been one of my dreams for some time now. Yes, it will work. The PTR folks are making a 243 rifle, and the system works with that setup. What I don't know is whether one needs a different locking piece, or whether the generic 308 locking piece will work.

I've been lusting for a 260 Rem for at least six years now.

If I were going to do it, I think I'd have a PTR91 receiver, though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The .338 would be a beast, dunno if the platform is up to that. The .260 however would seem to be quite feasable and I would like to see it done. With PTR's branching out to 30short and .243, I would not be shocked to see one in .260. It would be one hell of a long range gun and I have done some long range shooting with a .260 rem that I can't match with my .308's or .223s. If PTR makes one I will def. have to finally bite the bullet and finally invest in an MSG build.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts