HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
This really is great news. I've been following this a little bit myself, and following the news regarding Missouri's bill to restrict federal gun laws in the state.
The saddest part of this, is that Cali will most likly attempt to appeal, so we still have to see how it stands in the higher courts, to see whether the ruling will stick or not.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many Cal gunners are burning the midnight oil and melting their credit cards before Monday 0901 hour when court house opens.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yep, good news. We all know what the ninth circuit will attempt though. Let's just hope it's taken to the SC if they do, and over rule the ninth.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I am still waiting to hear to final ruling on the carry situation, since it is my understanding that it is in appeals, but based on that case things are looking good for a change.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
So, from what I understand, part of this is that the new “possession” law was overturned. If the 9th CC overrules and the “possession” law goes back into effect, that means all of these newly bought mags will be illegal again, right?

·
Registered
3,573 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
So, from what I understand, part of this is that the new “possession” law was overturned. If the 9th CC overrules and the “possession” law goes back into effect, that means all of these newly bought mags will be illegal again, right?
Yeah, if they can find them. I bet there's a run on plastic buckets with lids, ammo cans and shovels

Reactions: DarkeWolf

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Hopefully, the New York State Rifle & Pistol Ass'n gets behind this.

Hopefully, it goes to the SC.

NYSRPA fought the NY SAFE Act pretty hard. Got the 7rd. max changed to 10. Any round count restriction is ridiculous.

·
Priest of the P7
4,787 Posts
What mags? Just pay cash.

Reactions: DarkeWolf

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Breaking: Beccera asks for a stay from Judge Benitez For April 2nd Earliest - Calguns.net

"To effectively preserve the status quo, and to prevent a sudden influx of large capacity magazines (LCMs) into the State of California (the “State”), Defendant respectfully requests that the Court issue an immediate, temporary stay pending its ruling on the application for a stay pending appeal. Even if this Court, or the Ninth Circuit, ultimately issues a stay pending appeal, the State will suffer irreparable injury if LCMs are permitted to flow into the State in the interim. Defendant respectfully requests that such a temporary stay be issued by no later than April 2,
2019."
"Defendant brings this ex parte application for good cause on the ground that the State will suffer irreparable and immediate injury until a stay pending appeal is issued. California has restricted the acquisition of LCMs for nearly two decades, and until the Judgment is stayed pending appeal, individuals will be free to acquire new LCMs, and there is evidence that sales have begun already. If Section 32310 is ultimately reinstated by the Ninth Circuit, it will be difficult for the State to remove these new LCMs."

·
Registered
604 Posts
I so hope that XXX starts selling their XXX firearm to Californians of which now will come standard with beta mags.

TPM, PCS, DT... I'm looking in your directions. Call it the CaliMP5-BetaN? (beaten... get it? =) I thank you very much.)

But seriously.... YOUR PRODUCTS now STANDARD with BETA MAGS...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts