HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
What mags? Just pay cash.
Or a pre-paid debit card assigned to a disposable email address that you set up, and make your order from a free wifi hotspot ;)

It looks like the state legislation is already trying to get the sales blocked. I'd have to rewatch this to try to understand the legal jargon. But from what I understand, it's being brought up either today, or tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF0uaDGiF74

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hope you guys in California are aware that Becerra is appealing the ruling to the progressive 9th circuit, and that if the 9th circuit strikes down the ruling, all of the mags you are buying now are illegal again. If it goes to the supreme court after that, it will depend on the opinion of Obamacare traitor Justice Roberts, who denied a stay on the bump stock ban.

·
Registered
687 Posts
BAD NEWS!!! It IS official! Becerra ordered a stay and you have got until 5.00 pm TODAY to make your purchase(s)!
After that, they can no longer be legally ordered or brought into the state, until the official hearing as to whether the law was struck down or not. :(

Reactions: HKaltwasser

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
BAD NEWS!!! It IS official! Becerra ordered a stay and you have got until 5.00 pm TODAY to make your purchase(s)!
After that, they can no longer be legally ordered or brought into the state, until the official hearing as to whether the law was struck down or not. :(
They'll need buckets and ammo cans, lots of buckets and ammo cans

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
LCM is back on the menu in CA! Buy! Buy! Buy!

The opinion was mailed to the parties about 15 minutes ago. From the summary:

The panel affirmed the district court’s summary judgment in favor of plaintiffs challenging California Government Code § 31310, which bans possession of large capacity magazines (“LCMs”) that hold more than ten rounds of ammunition; and held that the ban violated the Second Amendment.
Calguns.net - View Single Post - Duncan V Becerra - large cap mags Panel agrees with Benitez 8-14-20

RTG already taking orders
Calguns.net - View Single Post - Duncan V Becerra - large cap mags Panel agrees with Benitez 8-14-20

BREAKING NEWS! WE CAN NOW SHIP ALL HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES TO CALIFORNIA. ORDER ONLINE AND WE WILL SHIP!

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/home.asp

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
So much win. Let’s hope this spark starts a blaze that spreads through Colorado all the way to the north east.
Would it be as easy as to use the same argument that was used in court to win in all other states? I mean it should be right? 2nd amendment is universal across all states and territories.

·
Registered
286 Posts
And here this morning I was taking my time and casually researching buying some more USP mags- I guess I had better place those orders before everything goes out of stock again! Man mags were like the one thing that was still in stock after all this craziness, now with those about to sell out, that
Is not going to leave much stock left!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was under the impression that the stay was still in effect while this is going through the courts regardless of the intermediate rulings...

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
I was under the impression that the stay was still in effect while this is going through the courts regardless of the intermediate rulings...
What’s the next stop on the appeal train? Supreme Court? Do we think it’s going to be appealed at the risk of a nationwide ruling? Even if appealed, would the court even take the case? If not, then this ruling stands.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
What’s the next stop on the appeal train? Supreme Court? Do we think it’s going to be appealed at the risk of a nationwide ruling? Even if appealed, would the court even take the case? If not, then this ruling stands.
The anti gunners are stuck in a rock and a hard place!!

·
Priest of the P7
5,243 Posts
Well sheeyat now I need to go out and collect liberal tears. And here I was all set to tie one on this evening on the patio.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Correct. And for those celebrating, if this goes to the full 9th circuit, it could go very badly for us. Pay attention.

Personally I think the chances of the Supremes taking this up in time to matter are up there with a snowball in hell.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts