HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Would it be as easy as to use the same argument that was used in court to win in all other states? I mean it should be right? 2nd amendment is universal across all states and territories.
An argument is only as good as the person listening to it.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
9th circuit court has been the most liberal court in this country for decades but thanks to President Trump and his appointments it’s changing for the better. Remember to vote on the 3rd if you care about your rights.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
9th circuit court has been the most liberal court in this country for decades but thanks to President Trump and his appointments it’s changing for the better. Remember to vote on the 3rd if you care about your rights.
Word has it, no secret, that the conservative justices on the Supreme Court have been averse to any big 2nd Amendment cases coming to the Court because they don't trust how their Republican-appointed Chief Justice (Mr. Roberts) will rule. Why is it that Liberal-appointed justices consistently stay liberal and conservative appointees often slide left? Ugh!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was under the impression that the stay was still in effect while this is going through the courts regardless of the intermediate rulings...
Saw this posted from a lawyer on another forum:

A "published" decision is the law until/unless overturned.

That means mag sales to CA should be okay until some further order is made by that court (the 9th) or a higher court (SCOTUS).

(towards the bottom)
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general...ules-mag-ban-violates-2nd-/5-2358708/&page=14

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
This win is a result of the patience in finding the right case and the hard work and MONEY of the NRA and its state affiliate, the California Rifle and Pistol Association.

ANYONE who is a gun owner and is NOT a member of the NRA and/or its state affiliates is hurting our cause. What ever 2A rights you still have to enjoy are primarily the result of the NRA's tireless and often unrecognized work these last 30 years as the democrat assault in the 2A has intensified. Make no mistake, if you have not been an NRA you are a free rider standing on the shoulders of the rest of us who have been members of the NRA, supporters of the NRA-ILA, the walkers of political precincts , suffers of envelopes and get out the vote phone banks for REPUBLICAN candidates all these years as well,as all of us who have donated and continue to donate to republican candidates and NRA, Second Amendment Foundation, California Rifle and Pistol Assoc., NY Stare rifle and pistol association Etc..

There has been a long hard and expensive battle taking place every day for the last 30 years. Have YOU been part of it? Have YOU contributed to it? If not, NOW is the time to get off your backside And step up to defend what is right! Donate the cost of a box of ammo to every 2A organization you can think of, to every republican politician at the state and federal level in your world. There are people who complain about rhinos in the republican party but the Republican Party has never proposed gun control legislation. Rhinos may vote for it occasionally but it's always, always always always the Democrats who dream the anti gun legislation up, write it up and pass it into law. Anyone who votes Democrat is voting against the Second Amendment. Let me be clear, the Democratic Party platform and the stated campaign goals of the Harris/Biden ( if elected Harris will be president) campaign is not only gun control but gun confiscation. A vote in November for any Democrat is a vote against the Second Amendment and for confiscation. There is no doubt about it.

This upcoming election is historic in many ways with regard to the trajectory American society will take into the future. It's imperative that we all support republican politicians opposing the Democrats and supporting the constitution. Failure to do your part now and you will look back in just a few years from now understand the significance of historic moment in American history that you let slip through your fingers when helped enable the destruction with a democrat vote or a lack of actual ACTION on your part in this critical conflict in American politics this November.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Saw this posted from a lawyer on another forum:

A "published" decision is the law until/unless overturned.

That means mag sales to CA should be okay until some further order is made by that court (the 9th) or a higher court (SCOTUS).

(towards the bottom)
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general...ules-mag-ban-violates-2nd-/5-2358708/&page=14
IANAL so I am going with what all the big law guys are saying. FPC says the stay is still in effect regardless of this decision so I defer to them. Also some of the big dealers are taking orders but not shipping saying the stay is still in effect. That will be a nightmare if the full 9th does not affirm.

Bottom line, I believe that the way the legal process works the stay is still in effect based on what I am seeing published. Although I can not delineate the exact law or reason why, which is why IANAL....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hopefully we'll see Benitez address the original stay soon.

And agreed with the above, we need more Trump picks throughout the court system to keep gems like this coming.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts