HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repost of a question already asked. But does anyone know if the HK 45 has been approved for sale in PR-Kalifornia?

Has HK already distributed outside of PRK for sales?

Any info is appreciated

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Im not sure if the HK45 can be sold in california.

HK wasn't able to get it to the DOJ before the "cutoff" for having no magazine safety. Since it doesn't have one, im not sure if the HK45 will be able to be sold in Cali...

·
Registered
558 Posts
From the HK-USA forum here is the response from HK CS when asked about the HK45 and HK45C being available in Kali.

HK Custsvc said:
The guns cannot be equipped with the required magazine disconnect system for California.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the info!

God I hate this ****in' state! No info most of the time coming from the DOJ and when it does come in it's always bad news!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only way to get one in CA would be to buy one from an LEO who owns one personally or to buy one in a person to person FFL transaction from someone who moves into the state of CA with one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As stated above there are still ways to get them... if you are willing to pay... they are going for PPT at about $1400-1500 now. LEO, Family transfer, or moving here from another state are all ways.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got one. You cannot buy it or sell it. But you can own it. It is a matter of getting ownership. Transfer, etc.
...what?

How do you transfer it without having one party in the transfer buy it and the other sell it?

Registered assault weapons can not be bought or sold inside the state. The HK45 can be freely bought and sold once they have been brought in, either through an LEO or through someone moving in with one when they become a CA resident, as has been said. Once you have one DROSed in your name, you may sell it again as you please.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Gawd California sucks. I say this as I have my USP .40c on hip!

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Gawd California sucks. I say this as I have my USP .40c on hip!
OK, rather than bashing the home of fellow HKPro members, how about something constructive like encouraging legislative reform? I'm not going to turn this into a political debate, but California's benefits far outweigh its drawbacks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
OK, rather than bashing the home of fellow HKPro members, how about something constructive like encouraging legislative reform? I'm not going to turn this into a political debate, but California's benefits far outweigh its drawbacks.
Woah, chill out! I'm not bashing any HKPro member, just California. I could encourage legislative reform all day long and the liberal representatives (and some republicans) will NOT change their stance on gun control. California Government is focused on imprinting primers with serial numbers / information, not repealing the AWB.

California has far more drawbacks. Care to share some arguments towards your point of view?

Benefits of California:
High Real Estate Prices
Beaches
Snow/Surf/mild climate depending on where you go
Weather (in some parts)

Drawbacks of California:
One of the highest income taxes in the country
High Property Tax
Relatively high Sales Tax
High taxes in general
High Real Estate Prices
The current Housing Bubble
The People in some areas
Drug trafficking more present in Cali than many other states
One of the worst states for gun ownership
Liberal Control of the State
Did I mention taxes?

People are moving out of California due to JUST the high taxes. California isn't the place to be. If you love California, by all means stay there, however don't bitch when you cannot buy firearms that are legal in most other parts of the country.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Taxes? Power grid issues (are they fixed?)? Smog issues around LA County?

I'm sort of with Jason R on this subject, I hate California for what it's done to hinder it's residents. However, this is not the proper place to come for political discussion. It's also not quite the best place to start a tirade on the guns you cannot purchase there. The OP was answered or found his answer otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
I'm not going to debate this because I know your type. You equate anything that isn't a conservative viewpoint with being incorrect or immoral. I'm a liberal Californian who believes in the right of law abiding citizens to own and bear arms. California has problems, but I'm not going to advocate throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

People on this forum would do well to live by a simple rule. If you wouldn't say some of this garbage to the face of a fellow member, typing it isn't any better. Also don't assume that your politics are the same as everyone else's. [/rant].

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm not going to debate this because I know your type. You equate anything that isn't a conservative viewpoint with being incorrect or immoral. I'm a liberal Californian who believes in the right of law abiding citizens to own and bear arms. California has problems, but I'm not going to advocate throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

People on this forum would do well to live by a simple rule. If you wouldn't say some of this garbage to the face of a fellow member, typing it isn't any better. Also don't assume that your politics are the same as everyone else's. [/rant].
Who says I won't tell you that I hate your state if I saw you face to face? lol

·
Registered
238 Posts

I have no problem saying anything to your face. Yes, I'm conservative, but I don't identify with the republican party for numerous reasons. I firmly believe are legislative and government system is severely flawed.

I love California weather and some areas of the state, however California's stance on gun ownership is terrible (the state's, not every individual).

I've never really seen a "liberal" be pro-gun UNLESS they were pro-gun for himself and anti-gun for all others. I do realize there are others with dissimilar viewpoints, however merely saying I'm not considering others' viewpoints is a poor argument not to share mine.

And hey, a little politically discussion never hurt anyone. It's all in good fun; no hard feelings. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts