1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Pretty unique! I like it! Duracoat?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I actually kind of like it! That is surprising even to ME!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I really dislike that look, too much going on IMO. I like the two tone pistols but not this. These coatings don't really serve any practical purpose, just decorative.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't like it. It looks poorly done. It looks like someone just cut out a buncha shapes and sprayed the gun in the garage. It also looks like he didn't wait long enough for the colors to dry at some points, evidenced by the bleeding and the non-square shapes.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I don't like it. It looks poorly done. It looks like someone just cut out a buncha shapes and sprayed the gun in the garage. It also looks like he didn't wait long enough for the colors to dry at some points, evidenced by the bleeding and the non-square shapes.
I 100% agree. IMO would be a disgrace to any HK. KEEP IT....B L A C K.....!

·
Registered
38 Posts
This

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Over the years most of my guns are stainless steel or nickel.
Often two tone.
My previous HK was a USP 45 compact with a stainless slide.
I finding these days I seem to be going back to basic Black on Black guns.
My black Nitron Sig P239/357 and HK P30 40 LEM are prime examples.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I really dislike that look, too much going on IMO. I like the two tone pistols but not this. These coatings don't really serve any practical purpose, just decorative.
There are legitimate cool-guy reasons to get a camo'd up gun, or at least to get rid of the black.

I agree. If you want a coating just for protection, why not a solid color Cerakote in FDE or Burnt Bronze? If you want OPERATOR-esque camo to stand out against single color guns, why not water transfer printing? If anything, at least go to a better applicator; check out the gallery at Larson Tactical to see what can be done with Cerakote and Durakote (though I wouldn't recommend them based on the scuttlebutt; difficult to communicate with, shady operations, etc.).

Cerakoted by WWGuns:

Cerakoted by Larson Tactical:

Water transfer printing by WWGuns:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If it's not for investment and you don't plan on selling it, who cares. Do what you want.

I will agree though that that finish looks a bit amatuerish. Just compare it to real Desert Digi MARPAT or AOR1.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's been said before but is still true - it will not affect the function of the gun, so if it's what you like, go for it. That being said, I personally don't like it. My wife on the other hand loves to change the color of her guns - to her it's kind of personalization or a fashion statement. It doesn't stop her being deadly accurate and fast killing paper.

Cheers
PP

·
Super Moderator
6,046 Posts
I would like an HK45 in Multicam to match my gear..........but then I would have 5 HK45's on my list. I don't mind it, so long as it is done well. I wouldn't have my only HK45 done like that though.

Do what you like.

·
Super Moderator
6,046 Posts
There are legitimate cool-guy reasons to get a camo'd up gun, or at least to get rid of the black.

I agree. If you want a coating just for protection, why not a solid color Cerakote in FDE or Burnt Bronze? If you want OPERATOR-esque camo to stand out against single color guns, why not water transfer printing? If anything, at least go to a better applicator; check out the gallery at Larson Tactical to see what can be done with Cerakote and Durakote (though I wouldn't recommend them based on the scuttlebutt; difficult to communicate with, shady operations, etc.).

Cerakoted by WWGuns:

Cerakoted by Larson Tactical:

Water transfer printing by WWGuns:
That USP looks great, and the Glock too. I can't tell what is in the other picture.......:)

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Nope, definitely don't like it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts