HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a second (brand new) slide for my P2000, planning to have it cut for a red dot while keeping my original slide intact. I was very surprised by the appearance when it arrived (see picture). If anyone can tell me why it is like this, and if there is anything different about these slides functionality, I would appreciate it.
Wood Hardwood Flooring Wood stain Gadget

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Training of some sort I believe. GPC has these. I saw them refered to as FX slides, which may have something to do with Simunition

Goes great with a blue frame.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've not seen a P2000 slide like that before but based on a similar blue circular marking on the slide of the P7PT and the same blue coloring of the MP5PT cocking handle I reckon it signifies that your slide came from a P2000 that was made to fire 9mm plastic training ammunition (see German 9mm Training Ammo - Maryland Shooters (mdshooters.com)). Personally I would be a little cautious using it with full power ammo.

·
Premium Member
Trying to collect ALL the HK pistols
510 Posts
As stated above it's from a training pistol meant to be used with a conversion barrel for either UTM or Simunition training ammunition. No idea if you could even use a regular barrel with one. @Teufelshund Tactical or @HKPRO may be able to tell you but I would say it's probably a no-go for live ammo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank for all the replies, that answered my questions! Everything seems to fit and function correctly with my existing frame and barrel, so I'm just going to proceed with having it cut for the optic, which also includes refinishing the slide.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Definitely a UTM slide. Sometimes there are lightening pockets in the slide so milling is sometimes different/difficult.

I would love to find a UTM slide and barrel for my VP9 to mill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely a UTM slide. Sometimes there are lightening pockets in the slide so milling is sometimes different/difficult.

I would love to find a UTM slide and barrel for my VP9 to mill
It looks like they are still for sale at kbinmt's link posted above. The one I have does have a somewhat obvious lightening pocket milled on the opposite side from the firing pin block, however my stock p2000 also has exactly the same pocket milled in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts