HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I buy a 416/417 upper receiver? I am in the military, if it helps. Does HK do personal mil sales?

Any glimmer of a chance here? Would like to slap it onto our issued lower.... I got the ok to do so, if I can get it!

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,740 Posts
There are occasional uppers available for sale to the general public through private parties. A cursory search of the site will show you that. Given that they would turn your lower into an SBR, you'll have a little paperwork to do and some tax to pay to make it functional, legally.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Can I buy a 416/417 upper receiver? I am in the military, if it helps. Does HK do personal mil sales?

Any glimmer of a chance here? Would like to slap it onto our issued lower.... I got the ok to do so, if I can get it!

Yes you can buy a 416 upper. These semi frequently pop up for sale here on HKPRO and on other gun boards (i.e. sturmgewehr.com).

Expect to pay $3500-$4500+ depending on condition and included accessories.

Will HK sell you one as an individual military member(?). Not a chance!

·
Registered
118 Posts
There are occasional uppers available for sale to the general public through private parties. A cursory search of the site will show you that. Given that they would turn your lower into an SBR, you'll have a little paperwork to do and some tax to pay to make it functional, legally.

If it is for an "issued lower" then I don't think an SBR is necessary or possible as the lower is not personal property but U.S. Government Property.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can use it on an issued lower. Yes.
I can pay the stamp tax for an sbr on my lower if I have to, I don't care.

I was hoping they would sell to individual military members.

This is for my wife. I can't compromise on gear for her. So if her coc says she can swap her upper out once in theater, you better believe she will be on a plane with a 416 upper. Even if it costs me $3500.

has anyone had any experience with firearm procurement through the military?

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,740 Posts
I doubt it will be available with any speed through the military. Mil/LE procurement for a 416 is running about 6 months. You can get the upper from a dealer who has one now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ummmm, I don't believe the 417 upper would do her much good.

IMHO the $3500 would be better spent on a shooting course specific to the carbine than an upper. You would have enough left over for a POF piston upper which will give you the same result.

GHEN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts