HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I get a 9mm barrel and mags, is that all it takes for the p2000 to be made into a 9mm from its original caliber of 40S&W or is there more to it than that? I assume if I can do this I can also convert a 9mm to a 40S&W?

·
Registered
802 Posts
You would have to get a barrel in 9mm but made to 40 cal exterior dimensions. Even then, you would get an unreliable gun since the breech face is a different size and the extractor will put a lot less tension on the case rim.

No way you can go from 9mm to 40 because of the breech face.

HK does offer conversion kits in other markets, but the conversion kits come with an entire slide assembly, which is the right way to do it. It also cost as much as a new gun.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks, I just just hoping I could get both from one gun, but I guess not :( Thanks!

·
Banned
366 Posts
I wouldn't say it would be completely accurate to say it would be unreliable.

I have a GLOCK 23 .40 caliber with a KKM .40 to 9mm barrel conversion. The maker describes it as a true drop in barrel swap. They states that only the barrel and a 9mm magazine is needed. I agree.

Others swear up and down oh, you have to change the extractor blah blah. 3,000 or so rounds of 9mm ammo later all I swap is the barrel and mags and I've not had any issues and I've never replaced the extractor.

Now... The question is... Can you get enough people interested in a P2000 .40 to 9mm barrel that one of the makers would consider doing a run?

I contacted a couple of the barrel makers and they said they would consider it if I could get a large enough group by together to justify the tooling. They just didnt feel enough P2000 owners would want one.

·
Registered
802 Posts
HK's extractor design is not the same as Glock's extractor. HK's extractor moves very little to engage the round it was designed for. It'll have very little tension to hold a smaller round.

Not having ideal extractor tension can be a real headache. Too little tension can cause the extractor to slip off the rim. Too much tension, the round won't feed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts