HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, from what I have read, the LEM trigger is a double action trigger only but lighter than the double action pull of a traditional DA/SA. Is that correct? Also, what is the appeal of that? I've never shot an LEM trigger so I'm asking people's reasons why they seem to prefer that. Not at all criticizing, just curios because they seem to be pretty popular.

Reactions: Kost

·
Premium Member
Trying to collect ALL the HK pistols
425 Posts
I like that it is a consistent pull shot to shot. People don't like the long take up. For those who learned on striker fired pistols and riding the reset this is the biggest hurdle. If you have shot revolvers at all its an easy transition.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
In the P30, the LEM trigger pre-tensions the hammer spring during cartridge loading. Even when the hammer is in the down position, the hammer rebound spring is compressed, and pulling the trigger acts to release the spring tension and push the hammer into the firing pin.

Reactions: Cbrooks45

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep, explained above.

The appeal is a long smooth pull that's much lighter than a typical DA pull and a consistent trigger. Yes it's a little odd to get used to (I'm just learning mine still but initial impression is good and getting better) and if you like to "ride the reset" it is not going to be ideal as the reset is fairly long.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It’s single action pull is the same long length pull as it’s double action

only difference between single and double to the user is the weight of the pull

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
It’s single action pull is the same long length pull as it’s double action....
Not exactly. When the gun is cycled, the long light take-up prior to trigger break is the the DA pull. This DA pull length is much longer than reset to trigger break when gun is in SA mode.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
So, from what I have read, the LEM trigger is a double action trigger only but lighter than the double action pull of a traditional DA/SA. Is that correct? Also, what is the appeal of that? I've never shot an LEM trigger so I'm asking people's reasons why they seem to prefer that. Not at all criticizing, just curios because they seem to be pretty popular.
This Team H&K Shooter explains is very very well, worth the watch!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I run all of my HK pistols in light LEM configuration.

To over-simplify it, in real life use, it works like a striker fired gun.

Every trigger pull is the same.

There is no heavy first pull, no DA to SA transition, no decocker, no safety lever, and the hammer doesn’t have a spur.

You simply use it as a Glock. You take up the slack, reach the wall and break the trigger. Instead of Glock trigger safety you have a longer take-up.

Why I like it:
1. Simplicity, works like a striker fired gun.
2. Thumb over hammer when re-holstering prevents the trigger from being pulled.
3. Not that I ever used it, but it does have a double strike capability. That’s when you get the heavy pull.

Gray Guns upgrades will give you smoother take-up, shorter reset and the flat trigger will bring the wall to 90 degrees instead of all the way back.

·
Registered
209 Posts
There's little to no appeal to it whatsoever if you've been shooting DA/SA pistols your entire life or career.

And it doesn't feel like a Glock's Safe Action. LEM out of the box is a long double action revolver-style pull to fully actuate a hammer. It's undoubtedly preferred by law enforcement administrators who want an extra measure of "safety" in their officers' use of force. In other words, each trigger pull must be that much more deliberate to break the shot. SIG's version is the DAK.

I don't know anyone who's actually required to have LEM or DAK for duty who prefers it over DA/SA. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Really excellent explanation of LEM in the two videos. Thanks for posting. This thread is timely as I purchased an HK45T V7 LEM this weekend at my local gunshow on a lark. All my other HKs are DA/SA V1. When I was dry firing I also did not comprehend the precock. I thought, hmmm, this is like a DA only. I also thought "how do I decock this pistol"? Now, I can't wait to get to the range with my better understanding of LEM.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I purchased a LEM P30 because of all of the hype, but then it dawned on me... If you want strikerfired trigger, why not just buy a striker fired handgun? The benefit of most DA/SA triggers over striker triggers is that the SA trigger is usually a lot better. DA/SA with decocker like on CZs and Sigs else might as well go strikerfired IMHO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts