HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. I'm looking for a new CCW and the P2000SK is on the list. It feels a little too big to pocket carry, though.

Does anyone have any experience with pocket carry and the P2000SK?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I have carried one in cargo pockets on military style pants, and had one in my back pocket on blue jeans but it is a little big for the back pocket.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Not realy comfy that way, the pistol is quite bulky; I carried mine in my formal pants pocket when couldn´t carry IWB (knew I´d get the suit off eventually) successfully. No joy, but it works.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have done it with flat bottomed mags, and careful selection of pants with bigger pockets. You have to choose pants that will work with it- it's really pushing the boundaries of pocket carry, but still possible.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Cargo pants is the only way to go, to pocket carry the P2000SK. to big for anything else. TJ

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would agree with everyone else. The P2000sk is big for a pocket carry gun though.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Pocket pistols are in a class of thier own, the main requirement is that they be very small. Some manufacturers make pocket guns with minimal sights or no sights at all. The sole purpose of a gun like this is to be small, light, and minimalistic, meaning that they are not really a pleasure to shoot at the range. Usually a couple of mags. through these guns, esp. ones chambered for 9mm or even .40 will put alot more strain on your hand and you just won't want to keep shooting it.

The P2000sk seems to be a happy medium, it's a little too big to be called a true pocket pistol but still big enough so you can play with it at the range comfortably. The more you can practice the better off you are and a gun that allows you to do so for longer is more effective then one that stays in the range bag because it's hard on your hand.

If you have money to burn, might I recommend a Rohrbaugh R9? This pistol is far better than any equivelent Kel-Tech you might find, but again the minimalist sights and short grip make it harder to shoot then the P2000sk. The sk might be a little big but it's a trade off for shootability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts