HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will this work? I figured i should finally swap out my rear site on my mp5 pistol clone Jeff built me.
at the time i only had a "k" rear site and wanna get it swapped. Will 33 site work? Hate to spend $55 when i can spend 12$.....

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Should work, but the holes might be too small for your front sight to present correctly. That's due to the longer sight radius on a 33 versus the short MP5. Lots of clones come with G3 rear sights, and they work, but not all that well. You can also just replace the drum of your 33 sight with an MP5 drum - that should save you $.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
If you are going to shoot as a pistol only the SP89 sight with open notches is fine, with a stock (SBR or sear host) the MP5 sight with four holes is better. The four holes on the MP5 sight are all the same height (i.e. don't adjust zeroing distance just hole size), while the G33 and G3 sights doe not have he largest hole(s) and the three holes the rifle sights do have are higher from with each number increase.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should work, but the holes might be too small for your front sight to present correctly. That's due to the longer sight radius on a 33 versus the short MP5. Lots of clones come with G3 rear sights, and they work, but not all that well. You can also just replace the drum of your 33 sight with an MP5 drum - that should save you $.
thanks for the info....hadnt thought of that(just the drum)
who sells only drum though......

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are going to shoot as a pistol only the SP89 sight with open notches is fine, with a stock (SBR or sear host) the MP5 sight with four holes is better. The four holes on the MP5 sight are all the same height (i.e. don't adjust zeroing distance just hole size), while the G33 and G3 sights doe not have he largest hole(s) and the three holes the rifle sights do have are higher from with each number increase.
thanks John.....just cant get used to the open notches.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts