HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My slide release will not pop out. I have cleaned this gun 3-4 times since getting it a few months back. Now I tried to pop out the slide release and it wont budge.,...any tips? The return spring is a bear to manage and I am wondering if I need to have someone whack it with a dowel and hammer while I hold the tension on the spring? I lube this part when I clean the gun with oil and grease and the lever works fine. Is this a common problem?

Phil

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Can you rack the slide? Are you pulling the slide far enough out of battery to line it up with the groove in the slide? Did you assemble it without the recoil spring in there? I know these are silly questions, but before you go resulting to dowels and whatnot, make sure you are doing everything right. Please note that I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, just trying to get a better picture of what is happening.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, the gun shoots fine, I line up the slide and push slide release and nothing happens. I have even tried to pry under the release, and push from the other side by taking the gun and leaning against the corner of my counter on the bugger, but absolutely no movement. The spring is so strong, that I cannot hold it in the proper spot for very long. I might need to take it to my gun shop.
Phil

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you take the magazine out before trying to remove the slide release?

ETA: If there is tension on the slide release with no mag, something is wrong. Otherwise, it should be fine and you're just missing something simple. Start over and sit down with the book and just follow their directions. If that doesn't work, while you have the manual out there should be a number to call HK CS. It shouldn't be this hard to break it down, especially if you have already done so before.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
This ^

I hate these type of replies, but this is probably it. When the slide release doesn't just pop out - DOH! yep i forgot to remove the empty magazine.
I did the exact same thing last night with my USPc. I had the slide release lever out just enough that so the slide wouldn't go into battery, and magazine was preventing me from taking the slide off. Once I pushed the slide release lever back in (just a hair) it went back into battery. And/or removed the magazine and then I could remove the slide.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Seriously, everyone makes a mistake now and then in gun handling, but, if you find yourself trying to disassemble a pistol with a magazine still inserted, you're setting yourself up for a negligent discharge. CLEAR the pistol first before disassembly - and the first step in clearing is removing the magazine.

Trust me on this one, you don't want to be THAT GUY who puts a round through something/someone he didn't intend to shoot because you skip the first step in the clearing process.

Regards,

Kevin

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Watch the way that PB holds the slide back with one hand while removing the slide release with the other. The video shows a USP but it's the same for the HK45 series

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep that should work...I am sure I have it back I have tried it with safety on/ off mag in /mag out even had my wife try pushing the bugger out while I hold.slide back with 2hands. Will not budge even a bit. Tried putting a sl.
mall screw driver under it to pry out. Have tried a punch with hammer it wiggles.a bit but not budging lubed it up and work it up and down as well
Phil

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Seems like you've tried ALMOST everything:

Seriously don't know why it is like it is. Wish I could get my hands on it and see what's up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
maybe the opposite side of the slide release is pinched somehow? i know it lines up through grooves so maybe the one on the right side was twisted a bit and is causing undue tension on the pin?

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
I find it odd he talks about the recoil spring being so stiff he has a hard time holding it in place. Without having the gun here, I wonder if there isn't something messed up with the recoil spring?

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Yes, very weird...

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Mine got stuck like this once. I still have no idea why. I ended up taking a glock tool and gave the center slide release lever a good whack with the slide of a glock. Everything A-OK ever since.

Best use of that particular Glock ever.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
At this point you have exhausted the easy fixes. Go over to the Customer Service forum and ask there. Make sure to include a link to this thread so you don't get a bunch of the same answers we have already given.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts