HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
OK, did that, I'm taking to my local gunsmith, I busted my hand playing with this bugger as I accidentally released the slide with my finger in there and punched a hole in my finger. I had even tried tying the slide open with a rope and pounding the release out with a hammer and punch. No luck!!!!!!
Phil

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Well, after reading this thread and figuring the OP was just screwed up, guess what happened on my P-30.......

Could not get the thing apart for anything. Eventually with a ton of work, and two HK armorers we got it apart. The heavy spring leg of the trigger return spring on the V2 LEM is up against the axle of the slide release in a way that makes it an act of God to get it out. You have to do a bunch of rotation and monkey with the release and use a punch to assist. There was also a piece of broken off plastic from the area as well. I will call HK next week to see what they say. I ran 1500 rounds through this gun since I bought it a couple of weeks ago without cleaning and it is flawless otherwise.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Well, after reading this thread and figuring the OP was just screwed up, guess what happened on my P-30.......

Could not get the thing apart for anything. Eventually with a ton of work, and two HK armorers we got it apart. The heavy spring leg of the trigger return spring on the V2 LEM is up against the axle of the slide release in a way that makes it an act of God to get it out. You have to do a bunch of rotation and monkey with the release and use a punch to assist. There was also a piece of broken off plastic from the area as well. I will call HK next week to see what they say. I ran 1500 rounds through this gun since I bought it a couple of weeks ago without cleaning and it is flawless otherwise.
Don't take this the wrong way, I mean no rudeness here: but you know the slide release lever is not supposed to come out for normal take down right?

·
Registered
253 Posts
LOL.

Pretty basic isn't it? I always pour over the manuals of my new firearms as soon as I buy them.

The detailed information they contain is amazing. ;)
I can beat that. The night I knew I was getting a P30 I went to HKs website and pulled up the owners manual and read it front to back. Being used to a P2000, had I not read it I wouldn't have known about the slide lock/takedown lever not coming out completely either.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
You know what they say. If all else fails..................................read the manual.
Total Mea Culpa........yep, didn't read the manual. I mean, I've owned a metric crapload of Hk's and I'm a multi HK system armorer..........still an idiot. With that said, we did think initially that "maybe this red indicator means it doesn't need to come all the way out"? We still couldn't get the slide off. Turns out there was a big piece of plastic flashing on one of the slide rails and one in the frame that were preventing the slide from coming off or the slide release lever to move into the right position for disassembly. It comes apart fine now. I think firing well over 1500 rounds through the gun for break in and without any lubrication or cleaning may have contributed to the issue. The reality is that had I worked a little more diligently with the lever in the correct postion I am sure we could have gotten it apart. So............I'm a moron on this one.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts